"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerjustin

Quote from: Fully on Jan 10, 2014, 07:16 PM
Quote from: Sassbox on Jan 10, 2014, 03:44 PM
I heard they leave a 1/2 gallon of leftover refried bean oil in every room during nightly turndown service.

FFS! Whippy and Flake are going to slide off their balcony if there is that much lube!

Cloud9 keeps rebuffing my requests for at least one funnel and a few boxes of Franzia.

Fuckers.
What's in here won't disappear

Fully

Quote from: millerjustin on Jan 11, 2014, 09:38 AM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 10, 2014, 07:16 PM
Quote from: Sassbox on Jan 10, 2014, 03:44 PM
I heard they leave a 1/2 gallon of leftover refried bean oil in every room during nightly turndown service.

FFS! Whippy and Flake are going to slide off their balcony if there is that much lube!

Cloud9 keeps rebuffing my requests for at least one funnel and a few boxes of Franzia.

Fuckers.

Pro Tip: bring your own tubing. Much more sanitary. You can buy the Franzia at the airport.

Bulldog

All,

Here is a link from over on the Further site thats got a pretty decent map of the grounds.

http://www.furthur.net/media/kunena/attachments/1117/UpdatedHRRMMap.pdf

ms. yvon

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 12:50 AM
I first read this as "I'd like some fresh fruit to be able to sleep in" and thought, yeah, sleeping in a bed of fresh fruit does sound kind of awesome.
agreed.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

rincon2

Quote from: Bulldog on Jan 11, 2014, 07:26 PM
All,

Here is a link from over on the Further site thats got a pretty decent map of the grounds.

http://www.furthur.net/media/kunena/attachments/1117/UpdatedHRRMMap.pdf
Which is the nude beach? Adult, Eden, or VIP? All sound like they could be!

Furthur fan

MrWhippy

Quote from: Furthur fan on Jan 12, 2014, 10:55 AM
Well it looks the roaches have been invited to the orgy  :angry:

Ooh, kinky!  Crispy, I think this calls for a revision of the orgy compensation conversion factor.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 12, 2014, 11:17 AM
Quote from: Furthur fan on Jan 12, 2014, 10:55 AM
Well it looks the roaches have been invited to the orgy  :angry:

Ooh, kinky!  Crispy, I think this calls for a revision of the orgy compensation conversion factor.

I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I love you, friend.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on Jan 12, 2014, 11:32 AM

I love you too, my dear.  The ground-level, roach-infested, sewer-smelling, construction hazard-filled orgy won't be the same without you. 
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 12, 2014, 12:04 PM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 12, 2014, 11:32 AM

I love you too, my dear.  The ground-level, roach-infested, sewer-smelling, construction hazard-filled orgy won't be the same without you.

I would gladly go if circumstances allowed even with all of the above. It can't be as bad as a dark portapotty late night at Bonnaroo. And even if it is, it wouldn't bother me at all.

ItBeats4Jew

It seems like some people actually hope this place is a shithole just so they can say "I told you so" on this thread.
what Madonna said really helped

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: IMeMine on Jan 12, 2014, 12:55 PM
I still have hope that everything will be fine by the time we get there. And if it's not perfect, I'm still gonna have a great time.
I was just passing along some information that people might be interested in.

Not referring to you IMM. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go make pancakes for my kids and go back to freaking out with them that this is only 2 weeks away  :thumbsup:
what Madonna said really helped

given2jacket

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Jan 12, 2014, 12:44 PM
It seems like some people actually hope this place is a shithole just so they can say "I told you so" on this thread.

Just when I think responses can't get any more absurd...you thrash my expectations.  Well done good sir!

IMeMine:  Thanks for the info.  If we stayed at a different hotel we'd probably just book something completely separate from Hard Rock.  There is really nothing else I can do at this point but wait till reviews from Further trickle in.  If they are mixed, I'll take my chances.  If they are universally negative, I will book something else and deal with Cloud 9. 

It should go without saying since I booked this vacation that I would be very bummed out not being able to see MMJ.  Why else would I book a week away at premium prices where they are playing 4 nights in a row? 

rincon2

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Jan 12, 2014, 12:44 PM
I don't think that is accurate, or adds anything other than animosity to this thread.

Fully

Hey look who's already in Mexico!

JIMCHAIN!!!

ms. yvon

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

if he's gonna walk in the waves he best roll up those pants.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

despite all the emotions and backlash flying around this thread i'm glad the negative reports have been posted.  i - me, personally - would rather be prepared to deal with construction and an unfinished hotel than shocked and angry that it didn't meet my expectations.

meaning:  i'm buying at the duty free en route.  :beer:

rincon2

Quote from: ms. yvon on Jan 12, 2014, 07:28 PM
despite all the emotions and backlash flying around this thread i'm glad the negative reports have been posted.  i - me, personally - would rather be prepared to deal with construction and an unfinished hotel than shocked and angry that it didn't meet my expectations.

meaning:  i'm buying at the duty free en route.  :beer:
Thanks for your respected perspective. To those who disagree, WTF..... DUH!!

LeanneP

Maybe it's the critical reading skills but when I read the reveiws on the HRHRM Trip Advisor the negative reviews sound like sour grapes and over reactions. Frankly, on that site, close to half of the reviews are on the positive side. Even the outraged reviews on the ASP Trip Advisor are often rating individual features surprisingly highly but then giving a very low overall score. And that, to me, reads as sour grapes.

When I was a restaurant reviewer, there were some pitiful places that I ate in. But, it was a truism that if the space sucked, the food and service were probably awesome, if the food was dicey, the location and decor were probably really great, if the service was awful, the food was likely pretty stellar. And there were different kinds of stellar food or service: maybe the cooking wasn't fancy but it was incredibly tasty home style, or maybe the servers weren't terribly efficient but they were kind and personable and charming. And all of that is to say that I never trust any review that doesn't try to be balanced in some way.

It's a 5 star resort that got phenomenal reviews up until the renos. Renos suck. Of course exposure to the renovations is not going to be great. But the resort is a really, really big place. Go elsewhere. Food kinda crappy and run of the mill at the buffet, go to one of the real restaurants. Hot tub lukewarm or closed, get your walking shoes on and go exploring. Go find some happy people to hang out with. Oh, and here's a tip: if something kinda sucks and you can't live with it? BE NICE TO THE STAFF WHILE TRYING TO FIND SOLUTIONS BECAUSE WHEN YOU ARE NICE PEOPLE ARE NICE BACK!

The people whining, in the reviews, about the resort not being perfect remind me of my kids whining at me that they're bored. I don't care. Go make your vacation awesome instead of expecting awesome to be handed to you. Honestly, if you can't make your own fun, you'll be miserable whether the renos were done or not. I have so little patience for whingers.

The fact that there are reviews on both sides of the fence, and the fact that many of the reviews point out that the problems are all on the adult side and that the family side is completed and pretty fine, all that points out that the problems being raised by some people are very likely exaggerated and often hinge on personal experiences ("wouldn't let us check out until we returned the xbox" - yeah, no shit sherlock, return the expensive, if defective, equipment you borrowed and stop being an entitled tool!).

THere is a term that describes what the whiners are doing perfectly: AGGRANDIZE - to make things appear bigger than they are, to exaggerate.

So, yeah, the slow renos and the couple of unpleasant glitches that weren't completed/fixed as of a few days ago are NOT the worst thing that will have ever happened to us and if you are a fairly flexible, easy going person, you'll be well able to roll with the punches and enjoy yourself. You'll be able to make your own fun with your spouses and friends and new friends and you'll walk away feeling changed, for the better, for ever!  :beer:

Cripes!  Can you Assholes imagine g2j a week before PC3 last year looking at the forecast and fretting about how it's a complete travesty to have to stand in the snow and sleet so they can get decent spots on the floor?! Gah!

:bath:

Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Bulldog