"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilhuffy

You also forgot to report on missing toilets seat
[/quote]

D'oh! I'm concerned that means the whole "turd on my pillow" scenario is still in play.

jaye

Quote from: gluvmiller on Jan 22, 2014, 08:00 AM
Quote from: Winterland on Jan 21, 2014, 03:42 PM
Anyone know if the stage is on the Hacienda or Heaven side?

Pretty sure it is the Heaven side. And thats because the people who have been offered options to move were in Heaven roof top terraces with a view of the stage.

The stage is right in the middle of Hacienda and Heaven.  The construction on Hacienda was finished first.   

Really great of Cloud 9 to take care of this. 

Fully

Quote from: jaye on Jan 22, 2014, 11:41 AM
Quote from: gluvmiller on Jan 22, 2014, 08:00 AM
Quote from: Winterland on Jan 21, 2014, 03:42 PM
Anyone know if the stage is on the Hacienda or Heaven side?

Pretty sure it is the Heaven side. And thats because the people who have been offered options to move were in Heaven roof top terraces with a view of the stage.

The stage is right in the middle of Hacienda and Heaven.  The construction on Hacienda was finished first.   

Really great of Cloud 9 to take care of this.
It's nice to know that even if you have problems, Cloud 9 is doing handling this in a very classy way.

ms. yvon

this trip is going to feel like a four-day version of Cobra.  funky and fantastic! *dancing* :beer:

tonight i was out with some pals and got to tell the one person among my friends who is hip to this whole thing that i am leaving for OBH this weekend and received a suitable, "you're going to have your mind blown!" cheer.  indeed.  :beer:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

lastgoodbye

Anyone from the DC/NOVA region going to OBH?

LibrarianGrrrl

Quote from: Lilhuffy on Jan 20, 2014, 11:05 PM
SO I joined the board to track any and all updates and have been obsessing about the state of the hotel and how this trip is going to play out.  Here are the conclusions I've come to:
1. We're all aware of the issues going in so at least we won't be hoodwinked by the hotel and our expectations are so low that it can only go up from here.
2. The band is going to be amazing, which is what we're all ultimately going down there for.
3. We're going to be surrounded by solid, like-minded people who are going to be great.
4. At this point, it's 28 degrees in Denver, I work 50+ hours a week and engage in a nightly three hour battle trying to get a two year old to go to bed.  As long as they don't run out of beer and there's not a turd on my pillow when we check into our room, I think I can make do.

Mahalo, let's do this.

Here's to great weather, unbelievable shows and an unforgettable experience with some pretty amazing people!! Oh...and also to no turds on our pillows!!! :) Hope you get to relax Lilhuffy!
"I shut my eyes and the music broke over me like a rain storm." - Sylvia Plath

LibrarianGrrrl

PS - I'm flying out manana so this will be my last post before OBH!!!

But my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side <a.k.a. Mayan Riviera>!!!

I'm already getting the pre-show butterflies. Three more sleeps.
"I shut my eyes and the music broke over me like a rain storm." - Sylvia Plath

Derek713

Quote from: LibrarianGrrrl on Jan 23, 2014, 04:56 PM
PS - I'm flying out manana so this will be my last post before OBH!!!

But my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side <a.k.a. Mayan Riviera>!!!

I'm already getting the pre-show butterflies. Three more sleeps.

Ha! "Three more sleeps"  :grin:   I'm glad somebody can sleep. I feel like a little kid and catch myself grinning from excitement at least once an hour.

JTG1975

Bob Weir is apparently doing a little side acoustic "show" right now under on of the gazebos away from the stage. That's pretty neat.

Pics on further Facebook.

Santo

Flew in last night and we are staying in Tulum. We did some exploring today and chatted with a guy from Furthur fest. He reitrrated that check-in was a nightmare and mentioned the unfinished room issue for some of the sky terrace rooms. Otherwise Cloud 9 really came through and the alternate hotel sounded posh. Apparently day 2 on has exceeded expectations and the shows have been amazing. 

chieftokenpuff6

Just caught up on all 28 pages of this of thread. I am kind of glad I kept myself busy speculating on bitcoin for the past 4 months rather than the level of completion of the HRH. The mood he is much less volatile. :grin: I can't wait to kick it with other MMJ addicts! Not worried about the value of the hotel. It seems to be close enough to finished. Also I paid before the Flaming Lips got added so... :thumbsup: Currently it is below freezing in NC right now and I work 40 hrs/week in cubicle in a call center doing mindless data entry for a conservative bank. I'm ready to drink and party! :cheesy:

I wanted to ask, should we tip at something like this like for bartenders, servers, spa stuff, etc? If so every time? Or is it group tipping envelopes at the end? I know you tip housekeeping and room service that is a given.

jaye

Quote from: chieftokenpuff6 on Jan 24, 2014, 01:33 AM

I wanted to ask, should we tip at something like this like for bartenders, servers, spa stuff, etc? If so every time? Or is it group tipping envelopes at the end? I know you tip housekeeping and room service that is a given.

Tip early and often!  I definitely tip bartenders - a few dollars for your first round will be appreciated and will probably get you stronger drinks.  Some people say they tip mostly up front, or every 3rd drink.  I'll tip food servers - maybe $5 at breakfast, $10 at dinner (these are estimates).  Definitely tip on spa & salon services - I'm actually not sure how much - the credit service charge is 20% but some of the prices are so inflated...I guess about 10-15% of original price?  And a few dollars per day for housekeeping - when I travel with kids I definitely leave more for housekeeping.   So - it might be about $25 per day.  These folks don't make a lot of money AND you'll probably get better service if you're tipping up front.   :)

gluvmiller

School supplies and or baseball gear are also GREAT tips for your housekeepers. If you do tip that way, be sure to inform the front desk so your housekeeper knows its for them and they're not accused of stealing.

themarsvolta

Well... Our little OBH holiday just got off to a rousing start! We had a 9:09am flight this morning... Got crazy start and traffic issues up the wazoo...  Made it to United Check-in at exactly 8:15 and they said we arrived too late... Next flight not until 5:20 am tomorrow... One day dead.... We're trying to stay calm and positive about it... But I should be standing in Mexico right now instead if 12 degree NY!

Paid extra for direct flight too and now we're having to stop in Houston! I'll be fine by this time tomorrow... Just venting! Hope everyone else gets off to a better start!

@@

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: themarsvolta on Jan 24, 2014, 01:06 PM
Well... Our little OBH holiday just got off to a rousing start! We had a 9:09am flight this morning... Got crazy start and traffic issues up the wazoo...  Made it to United Check-in at exactly 8:15 and they said we arrived too late... Next flight not until 5:20 am tomorrow... One day dead.... We're trying to stay calm and positive about it... But I should be standing in Mexico right now instead if 12 degree NY!

Paid extra for direct flight too and now we're having to stop in Houston! I'll be fine by this time tomorrow... Just venting! Hope everyone else gets off to a better start!

@@

shit mars, sorry about that.  but you'll be all good soon enough. 
what Madonna said really helped

bartel

All I've got to say is to those lucky fuckers going to Mexico this weekend have a blast...  :cool:

themarsvolta

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Jan 24, 2014, 02:51 PM
Quote from: themarsvolta on Jan 24, 2014, 01:06 PM

@@

shit mars, sorry about that.  but you'll be all good soon enough.

Thanks, appreciate it!!

@@

ms. yvon

argh! mars!  hope tomorrow's flight is smooth as can be.  see you by the pool!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

RZP

Sprinted through ATL to make our connecting flight after leaving Louisville 55 minutes late! Walk onto the plane and the first face I see is Patrick's! Next to him a sleeping Jim -oh and Tom is on our flight too! This is gonna be so so good!!!

bartel

Quote from: RZP on Jan 25, 2014, 08:30 AM
Sprinted through ATL to make our connecting flight after leaving Louisville 55 minutes late! Walk onto the plane and the first face I see is Patrick's! Next to him a sleeping Jim -oh and Tom is on our flight too! This is gonna be so so good!!!

how cool  :cool: