Movin' Away > A New Life

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 30, 2013, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

ItBeats4Jew

I guess being 2nd in the presidential primary/caucus schedule wasn't good enough for you.  Now you'll be subject to an even greater barrage of campaign ads and politi-speak.  Joking aside, good luck to you and your family in Iowa. 
what Madonna said really helped

Crispy

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Aug 02, 2013, 06:55 PM
I guess being 2nd in the presidential primary/caucus schedule wasn't good enough for you.  Now you'll be subject to an even greater barrage of campaign ads and politi-speak.  Joking aside, good luck to you and your family in Iowa.

I hadn't thought about this aspect—out of the frying pan, into the fire!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

headhunter

The East Coast misses you already johnnYYac.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

zanjam

Love this thread title!  Best of everything to you Yacs on your new journey!
anything + reverb always = better

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 02, 2013, 07:30 PM

Growing up, I've had Walter Mondale, John Glenn, Gary Hart, and Bill Clinton in my house (not at the same time). Ain't nothin' in Iowa gonna top that!  And what the fuck's a caucus?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 03, 2013, 12:27 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Aug 02, 2013, 07:30 PM

Growing up, I've had Walter Mondale, John Glenn, Gary Hart, and Bill Clinton in my house (not at the same time). Ain't nothin' in Iowa gonna top that!  And what the fuck's a caucus?

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

I'm back!  Movin' to Iowa is like being in an alternate universe.  Some great things happening and some bummers.  Overall, excited to be here.  Get to wipe the slate clean in a lot of ways, change my priorities, yet here I am.  Can't stay away from the forum. 

Long Live the Forum!

MMJ, come back to Iowa City!  I've got a great sloping back yard for an intimate show. 

Nice to have interweb again.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

searchinbig

Glad to hear you guys made it okay!  Good luck with your new life John!  :beer:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

capt. scotty

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 08, 2013, 12:36 AM
I'm back!  Movin' to Iowa is like being in an alternate universe.  Some great things happening and some bummers.  Overall, excited to be here.  Get to wipe the slate clean in a lot of ways, change my priorities, yet here I am.  Can't stay away from the forum. 

Long Live the Forum!

MMJ, come back to Iowa City!  I've got a great sloping back yard for an intimate show. 

Nice to have interweb again.

Thats how it felt to me as well, especially at first, but youll get used to it. I think youve always been an east coaster like myself, and while my 6 month stint in the quad cities wasnt a long one, it was definitely different and an adjustment. Chicago/cities/shows arent too far from you though!

Best wishes to you and your family in Iowa, Yacmaster Flash. Like he has already started doing, I have no doubt our guy Hawkeye can answer any questions for you when they arise  :beer:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons