Next MMJ album: "without limits...or demos"

Started by logan5ive, Sep 19, 2013, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartel

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 07, 2014, 09:35 AM
RANDOM HOPE FOR NEW ALBUM:

That it includes one groove-laden 10+ minute track.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

bartel

Another photo posted today was the recording session... Not long now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kintante5

subinai

im curious how this album will be announced to us. i liked how they did the weekly songs from t5 that lead to circuital and then the whole pre-order shebang for the album.

would be pretty cool if they did some creative marketing like daft punk and arcade fire did for their new albums last year.

either way. i'm fiending.

gardenparty

Quote from: subinai on Jan 15, 2014, 03:40 PM
im curious how this album will be announced to us. i liked how they did the weekly songs from t5 that lead to circuital and then the whole pre-order shebang for the album.

would be pretty cool if they did some creative marketing like daft punk and arcade fire did for their new albums last year.

either way. i'm fiending.
the greedy side of me is hoping for a Beyoncé style release

pattilovesmmj

Well, they seem to always come up with something fun and interesting.  I find myself thinking about how they determine their song line-up on their albums once they are done recording and are putting it together.

I'm just so happy, and I believe that we will be hearing news in the next month or 2.  And, most likely they will be playing new stuff in Meheekoe (Mexico) :beer:

Looking forward to lots of chatter with all you righteous roll call peeps when they announce their record, tour, anything else..........

oistheone

It's pretty crazy that the band is seemingly going from the studio right to Mexico, with barely a day off in between. OBH is going to be SO unique and awesome for that reason. They are going to be in a new vibe entirely.

Also, this recording process has resulted in some amazingly picturesque photos. I get the vibe that this album is going to have some fucking beautiful artwork.

kintante5

I'm on edge waiting for any details about the album. 

ajclements004

Quote from: kintante5 on Jan 25, 2014, 01:44 PM
I'm on edge waiting for any details about the album.

I am as well!!!  They're being so quiet right now it's killing me!

kintante5

I saw J Roddy Walston and the Business in Albany tonight and was chatting with the band after their set.... MMJ got brought up....and I was told they were hanging out with Jim a couple months ago in Louisville and he played a couple of their new songs over a "six hour hang out, listen to music, and drink whiskey session", and they sounded absolutely pretty mind blowing.  No more details were given, but I'll take it I guess....

oistheone

That is the coolest thing I've ever fucking heard. Of COURSE J Roddy would get a whiskey-soaked MMJ preview session.

CANNOT WAIT

jimsflyingv

Drinkin whiskey and listening to new MMJ songs.....my idea of heaven....... :cool:

subinai

Quote from: kintante5 on Jan 26, 2014, 02:00 AM
I saw J Roddy Walston and the Business in Albany tonight and was chatting with the band after their set.... MMJ got brought up....and I was told they were hanging out with Jim a couple months ago in Louisville and he played a couple of their new songs over a "six hour hang out, listen to music, and drink whiskey session", and they sounded absolutely pretty mind blowing.  No more details were given, but I'll take it I guess....

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn

wolof7

Quote from: subinai on Jan 26, 2014, 08:46 AM

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

subinai

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 26, 2014, 09:22 AM
Quote from: subinai on Jan 26, 2014, 08:46 AM

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really hope j roddy and the biz open for mmj this year.

Mr. White

It was probably Kentucky Bourbon instead of just plain ol' whiskey...if I had to guess...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

kintante5

I'm guessing it's gonna be awhile if they aren't playing anything new at OBH.  I'll hold out hope for a fall and winter tour.

johnnYYac

Quote from: alexzbik on Jan 28, 2014, 06:02 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 28, 2014, 02:16 PM
Think you guys will get to hear a new song on the final set?  If not, I'd expect to hear some sort of news from the new album soon enough.

Just got knocked out of the poker tourney. Both Bo and Carl played and had $150 bounties on both of them. I sat next to Bo. He got barraged with questions. My question was any new songs tomorrow night. He said no b/c they don't really know them yet plus they aren't sure what will actually make the album. He said they recorded about 18 songs so far and will probably record a few more.

Very fun experience. Bo def knows what he is doing at the poker table but he did get knocked out kind of early.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

spence

6 hour jams, 18 songs....  Sounds like a double LP, I'll take that!