Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt

Started by sweatboard, Sep 20, 2013, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

he.who.forgets

Quote from: Clarkwork on Oct 25, 2013, 03:53 PM
Going to see PJ in Charlotte next week, after seeing them a ton of times in the 90's I realized it's been 13 years since I've last seen them live.  Can't wait to see them again
Hell ya, see ya there :thumbsup:

MrWhippy

Was at the show in Baltimore tonight.  They played "Waiting for My Man" in tribute to Lou Reed.  Very good show otherwise as well. 
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

MMPJ6306

Am I in the minority thinking this is their weakest record yet? I love me some Pearl Jam and they're incapable of making a bad album, but I think Lightning Bolt has the fewest highs and the lowest lows.

This tour has been amazing, as always.
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

MrWhippy

Quote from: MMPJ6306 on Oct 28, 2013, 01:02 AM
Am I in the minority thinking this is their weakest record yet? I love me some Pearl Jam and they're incapable of making a bad album, but I think Lightning Bolt has the fewest highs and the lowest lows.

I agree with you about that, actually.  Surprised that many people prefer this one to the last two. 

Clarkwork

Quote from: MrWhippy on Oct 28, 2013, 05:28 AM
Quote from: MMPJ6306 on Oct 28, 2013, 01:02 AM

I agree with you about that, actually.  Surprised that many people prefer this one to the last two.

I think the songs are just better written on this one. I think I relate to the lyrics more.  Not sure what it is...just love it
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Clarkwork

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Oct 27, 2013, 11:12 AM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Oct 25, 2013, 03:53 PM
Going to see PJ in Charlotte next week, after seeing them a ton of times in the 90's I realized it's been 13 years since I've last seen them live.  Can't wait to see them again
Hell ya, see ya there :thumbsup:

Good deal we are section 106.   Can not wait for a long great show. My last one was Charlotte in 2000.

weeniebeenie

I like LB a lot more than Backspacer but not as much as Avocado.
How loud can silence get?

e_wind

I also can't say why I love LB. I can pin down why I love some older albums, but for some reason I just love Lightning Bolt. It's just good and catchy.

I mean I know that Sirens could be a Journey song, but for some reason I love that song.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

MrWhippy

After the two shows I just saw and getting to hear most of the album live, I'm coming to appreciate it the record more.  My favorites are Sirens and Swallowed Whole.  Seeing Sirens live really made me appreciate the thought that went into that song and the arrangement of it (instrument switches in the middle of it, etc.).

I think the band has sounded rejuvinated on each of the last three records in a different way, and I appreciate each of the records for that. 

Clarkwork

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 30, 2013, 02:32 PM
I also can't say why I love LB. I can pin down why I love some older albums, but for some reason I just love Lightning Bolt. It's just good and catchy.

I mean I know that Sirens could be a Journey song, but for some reason I love that song.

My feelings exactly!