The not at OBH support group.

Started by tbear, Jan 25, 2014, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

I will never make the mistake of not going to something like this ever again.

The pain of missing out is amplified by the fact that it's so cold I can't even leave my house to get groceries.

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 28, 2014, 12:48 PM
I will never make the mistake of not going to something like this ever again.

I made this mistake about the T5 shows and regretted it for a long time. However, I probably will make this mistake again because of financial realities.

If I had purchased a travel package when this first came out like I wanted to, I would have ended up losing a pile of cash cancelling my husband's travel tickets because of an illness in his family. I would have had to go alone and find someone to buy his show ticket, too.

For sure if plan to go to a "destination" show similar to OBH I'll be purchasing travel insurance.
We understand it's the '90s.

Fully

Financial realities and work responsibilities...sigh.

parkervb

Quote from: Fully on Jan 28, 2014, 04:54 PM

being an adult is COMPLETELY overrated.
Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 28, 2014, 05:03 PM

I LOVE my kids!  I LOVE my wife!  I LOVE my career!  However, this week, just a little less.  just a little :wink:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

LB

wooo the south is snowed in! I had to abandon my car and walk 3 miles home!

WAY BETTER THAN SEEING MMJ IN WARM MEXICO!!!!!!.....LOL

But seriously, I hope all the fellow Jacket fans are having the time of their lives!
no you never gotta fight with me

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 28, 2014, 05:36 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jan 28, 2014, 05:03 PM

I LOVE my kids!  I LOVE my wife!  I LOVE my career!  However, this week, just a little less.  just a little :wink:
This.

The worst is everyone* but me enjoyed a "snow day" yesterday because of the arctic wind chills, so while I worked they stayed home and trashed the house. Because you know, why ruin your day off by picking up your own dirty clothes or putting your trash in the can or loading your dirty dishes in the dishwasher on your day off, especially if it's like the 5th day you've had off in a row? I am like so sure! Can't Mom like do that on like, her lunch hour tomorrow? :angry:

*Husband, teen and preteen.

Fully

I get a lot from seeing this band live. I get spiritual renewal from the music, great friendships with people I truly love. However, I've got three kids that are even more important to me and a responsible husband who picks up the slack in all of the areas where I'm weak and has no problem with my taking time away for myself. Even last week he thought I should just go and enjoy myself. All I could think about was those three kids will be in college soon, cars need to be bought, and food isn't getting any cheaper at the store. This trip will be over after tonight, but the debt of it would have stuck around much longer and given me more stress than going would have relieved. Plus, when I take off work, I always remember what a former boss use to tell us teachers, "On your worst day, you make more of a difference than a substitute teacher." Having said that. It would have been nice and I really could have used the fun.

Devil Ledbetter

QuoteThis trip will be over after tonight, but the debt of it would have stuck around much longer and given me more stress than going would have relieved.
Well said, Fully. In a year where I bought (my first) new car, replaced my garage and porch roofs, and went to numerous shows including Pearl Jam in Chicago and taking 7 teenage girls to Bonnaroo, it just wasn't in the cards.

tbear

It really is true.  It was either Mexico with the band, or 9 days in Fla with the Fam. I couldn't do both and I made the right choice.

I just cant wait for some sort of spring/summer tour announcement. 3 nights at the Beacon, or MWP, PLEASE!!

CHIMMJFAN

Yeah, financially it just wasn't in the cards for me this year. I am hoping to make my first trip to a Red Rocks to see MMJ this year!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

wolof7

The fact that my work has sucked so hard this week has made it a lot harder to think about  not being down South. I need some hardcore support right now!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Fully

Go hold that sweet baby and give her belly sugar. That will change everything, Wolof.

pattilovesmmj

This is off topic a little and maybe just rambling but 16 years ago I had a chance to see John Mellemcamp first row for $100.00.  I was a stay at home mom and we didn't have any extra money.  So I did a 4 hour survey and got paid a $100.00.
Instead of going to see John I used that money to buy my son a bike for his 4th birthday.  2 months later he was riding without training wheels - having the time of his life and I was in heaven watching him.

I had seen John in 1979 at the Whiskey in Hollywood sponorsed by a radio station KLOS with the call #'s 95 1/2 - so the station only charged .95 cents to get in.  I watched him play his first hit and drink a 5th of Jack on Stage.

I guess the moral is that when we put family first, we always are rewarded in wonderful ways.

Oh well...blah blah blah  just sayin'  :wink: :wink:

walterfredo

same boat as all y'all.  Taking the fam of 5 of to Kauai in a month, and making that happen was not easy financially.  It killed me to not be in Mex this week, but I'm sure my kids will be grateful that we opted for Hawaii with them. 

mysticz32

Y'all got any disco ball back there?

Mr. White

How about a little "Support" for this year's "Group" not at OBH...

Here's the Official Recap Video from Cloud9Adventures from last year, for starters...
http://youtu.be/UunTRb0LlG0
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

dmooney99

following on here and on facebook (a few of my friends are there).