New show on Live Downloads

Started by subinai, Mar 29, 2014, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

not sure if i am late to the party on this one but there is a new show up for purchase:

10/3/2008 - Riverside Theatre - Milwaukee

http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/0,10676/My-Morning-Jacket-mp3-flac-download-10-3-2008-Riverside-Theatre-Milwaukee-WI.html

subinai

apologies - it can be PRE-ORDERED.

timescaper

Nice - anyone know what makes this show standout?

TOOGANS

It's a very solid performance in a great venue from the first Evil Urges tour.  It's evident upon listening, that the band and audience had a good vibe going that night. :cool:

oistheone

Nice! Can't wait to download! Any show that has the criminally underrated "Thank You Too" is a must-download.

This show was also just a few days before the ill-fated stop in Iowa City. Those ghosts still linger!

johnnYYac

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 29, 2014, 12:26 PM
This show was also just a few days before the ill-fated stop in Iowa City. Those ghosts still linger!
As one who moved to Iowa City, those ghosts haunt me. Now MMJ has outgrown IC's venues...

Thanks for the heads up, sub!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

TOOGANS

Agreed on Thank you too.  This show has great examples of Evil urges songs that rarely get played these days, such as Sec Walkin and let us not forget the rare full version of Run Thru!

Fully

If only it had Remnants....sigh.

subinai

spence

I was hoping for an Evil Urges set that included Remnants as well.  Remnants, why are you so rare?  I don't understand.....

buymycar

Will be available on Tuesday, according to MMJ Facebook.  Better not be an April Fool's!  :huh:

Fully

TOOGANS

The Riverside show is complete. 

I'm pretty sure we a have show with a good performance of Remnants.  Its likely we will have one with it on the next show upload or the following one in May.

Much like Run Thru,  Remnants is a tough one to sing live and used to often compromise Jim's voice during a show.

bartel

Quote from: TOOGANS on Mar 31, 2014, 08:17 AM

I'm pretty sure we have show with a good performance of Remnants.  Its likely we will have one with it on the next show upload or the following one in May.

Much like Run Thru,  Remnants is a tough one to sing live and used to often compromise Jim's voice during a show.

so good... can't wait. also gunning for into the woods.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: TOOGANS on Mar 31, 2014, 08:17 AM

I'm pretty sure we a have show with a good performance of Remnants.  Its likely we will have one with it on the next show upload or the following one in May.

Interesting, so this is why run thru in its entirety is a rare treat. Thanks for the info!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

TOOGANS

Sure thing and to be clear,  its not so much the difficulty of singing of those particular songs as it is the night to night repetition of singing in that vocal range. It takes its toll eventually.

johnnYYac

Quote from: TOOGANS on Mar 31, 2014, 10:08 AM
Sure thing and to be clear,  its not so much the difficulty of singing of those particular songs as it is the night to night repetition of singing in that vocal range. It takes its toll eventually.
Thanks for the insight, TOOGANS!  I'd talked with Ryan about the stress Remnants puts on Jim's voice while walking to Forecastle from our hotel in 2012.  I didn't realize that was the case for Run Thru, but that really puts the tendency to play the end of Run Thru in perspective.  Clearly, its such a monster jam that they'd rather play the end than not play RT at all. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

TOOGANS

Hey Yac,

I love the full version as much as the next fan but we've learned it comes at an expense. :thumbsup:

CHIMMJFAN

Curious if "I Needed It Most" falls in the same category as "Run Thru" and "Remnants"

BTW, I was at this Milwaukee show and it was killer!!! Glad to have this recording coming out!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

TOOGANS

Not at all.  it's the screaming at the top off ones range that's hard on vocals.