Happy 10th anniversary, Acoustic Citsuoca!

Started by johnnYYac, May 04, 2014, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ajclements004

One of the best records I own.  The best part is when the guy yells, "YOU KICK ASS!" after "Golden".  Ah I'm going to have to pop that one on today...

GO4IT

This thread made me pull out the vinyl and spin it tonight.  Hey, the songs are great but my blue vinyl pressing sort of sucks. Sound is very constrained and many areas sound "scratchy" without even playing it more than a few times.

Maybe that's why I don't play it more.  How have others fared with vinyl versions of this?

ajclements004

Quote from: GO4IT on May 08, 2014, 11:14 PM
This thread made me pull out the vinyl and spin it tonight.  Hey, the songs are great but my blue vinyl pressing sort of sucks. Sound is very constrained and many areas sound "scratchy" without even playing it more than a few times.

Maybe that's why I don't play it more.  How have others fared with vinyl versions of this?

my copy is amazing

johnnYYac

I have all the colors, including Darla's last, elusive orange, but only play the black, which is inexpensive and comes with the CD. And it sounds GREAT!

rincon2

Ordered my first vinyl copy today. This album is fucking unbelievable. If you could not convert someone to MMJ with Okonokos, and this did not do the trick, defriend that loser.

tippitoes22

My Blue copy is, forgive my language, A PIECE OF SHIT! The PRESSING that is, NOT the album.
My copy has an audible scratch with every revolution of the record, and has all around terrible sonic quality. Flat, thin, no warmth, and THAT SCRATCH! DAMN THAT CONSTANT SCRATCHING SOUND,  it is worth more in scrap vinyl. I remember when I first played it. My phono-stage pre-amp was in the shop, when I bought the blue copy, and didn't have a chance to listen to it until the return policy had lapsed :cry:. Fortunately I had my black copy cleaned and on deck. And thank god for that black copy. It's "ass, it draws me in like a Bermuda Highway" (Love that line, LOVE that song). Such a Beautiful ,emotive tune with an ass lyric. Makes me smile every time. Also makes me wonder if Jim is a bit of an "ass-man"? Lot of  "backdoor" references in "Phone Went West" :grin:. But I digress, Absolutely wonderful album, Great live
vinyl MMJ!!!

P.S.-and a live "By My Car".This album is"THE TITS"or maybe"THE ASS", going by Jim's lyrics :)
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

GO4IT

Quote from: tippitoes22 on May 09, 2014, 03:06 AM

My Blue copy is, forgive my language, A PIECE OF SHIT! The PRESSING that is, NOT the album.
My copy has an audible scratch with every revolution of the record, and has all around terrible sonic quality. Flat, thin, no warmth, and THAT SCRATCH! DAMN THAT CONSTANT SCRATCHING SOUND,  it is worth more in scrap vinyl. I remember when I first played it. My phono-stage pre-amp was in the shop, when I bought the blue copy, and didn't have a chance to listen to it until the return policy had lapsed :cry:. Fortunately I had my black copy cleaned and on deck. And thank god for that black copy. It's "ass, it draws me in like a Bermuda Highway" (Love that line, LOVE that song). Such a Beautiful ,emotive tune with an ass lyric. Makes me smile every time. Also makes me wonder if Jim is a bit of an "ass-man"? Lot of  "backdoor" references in "Phone Went West" :grin:. But I digress, Absolutely wonderful album, Great live
vinyl MMJ!!!

P.S.-and a live "By My Car".This album is"THE TITS"or maybe"THE ASS", going by Jim's lyrics :)

Sounds like we have the same horrible pressing.  I also was getting the scratchy thing with every revolution on many songs.  Not a sharp scratch but a prolonged staticy patch that almost covers half the revolution.

Mr. White

I love this album too. I first got it on CD in late 2010. While at CD Central in Lexington in May of 2012, I purchased the black vinyl (with an extra CD that I gave to my brother) and it sounds wonderful. I can play it over and over and over without getting bored.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

I actually bought 10 new CDs of Acoustic Citsuoca from a wholesaler on eBay for about $2 a piece to give away.