Is Jack White just about marketing?

Started by ffghtrs, May 13, 2014, 04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

Is he a marketing tool.  Was having a discussion at a record store the other day about Jack White's new upcoming record.  Side A plays from the center out on the Ultra version.  It also has two bonus tracks that are hidden under the center labels.  One at 78 RPM on side A i believe and Side B will be at 45 RPM.  and to top it off in the right light, the unused vinyl with have a rotating hologram of an angel hovering above the record.  Sure i thought of that when i was stoned listening to Black Sabbath Paranoid at 16 but really is this too much?  or is this wicked cool?  My record store clerk think its too much.  I kinda think its cool.  But will i be able to get it in my record store or will i have to order it?  will there be a normal version.  I should do more research and stop rambling...also there is video of this hologram and what not but I was at work so didn't hear the audio.  i should check that out. 

http://youtu.be/i-8B-_Jq2ro
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

ffghtrs

So if you look at the record at the RIGHT angle you see the hologram angels.  not the right lighting but that might effect it too.  i don't know, i'm excited...i've enjoyed Jack White since I drunkenly heard My Doorbell on my 18th birthday...i was late to the white stripes party but at least i showed up.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Jaimoe

We're lucky to have Jack White. He's a visionary and old soul rolled into one.

ffghtrs

Quote from: Jaimoe on May 13, 2014, 07:21 AM
We're lucky to have Jack White. He's a visionary and old soul rolled into one.

I like how you put that. Visionary with an Old soul is a great way to describe Jack White.  I'm personally excited for this record and to buy some of the Third Man Records live issues.  DBT, Conan, should be interesting.