Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires

Started by Shug, Jun 12, 2014, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shug

Anybody seen these guys live?  Fully, I'd wager you have.  Opinions?  A few live YouTube videos sound pretty rocking.  Think I'll go see them here in PHX next week.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Murph

I saw them open for Alabama SHakes when there first cd had come out. I remember them being good, and they must have left an impression on me because I bought their cd that night

joey_rogo

I also saw them open up for Alabama Shakes. I was front and center and it was so fucking loud. And now ever since the "too loud for Texas" show, they seem to pride themselves on it. Call me a pussy but it was too loud. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

johnnYYac

Quote from: joey_rogo on Jun 12, 2014, 01:37 PM
I also saw them open up for Alabama Shakes. I was front and center and it was so fucking loud. And now ever since the "too loud for Texas" show, they seem to pride themselves on it. Call me a pussy but it was too loud. Other than that, I enjoyed it.
Yeah, a bit brutal for my then-10 yr. old daughter's first show.  I'm having trouble remembering my impression of LB3&TGF.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Shug

Thanks for the reports.  I'll be sure and bring my earplugs!  :grin:

A friend tells me he used to be in a band called the Dexateens.

joey_rogo

Not sure if Penny still hangs around here, but she can probably tell you a bunch about LB3&TGF as well as the Dexateens.

parkervb

there was a 2 post thread on here where I posted some info on the new album. 

I also saw them on the AL Shakes tour in 2012 and was really impressed.  I guess they are following in the Truckers footsteps as loud ass bands from South.  From what I've heard from the new album. it's a good one if you like DBT and Lucero style southern rock
Don't you ever turn it off

Shug

A pathetic turnout last night in PHX.  I was literally 1 of 3 people in the bar, it was fucking embarrassing, but PHX is an embarrasment of a city.

They rocked out in spite of it being basically a private show for me and two other dudes, one of whom was a photographer for a newspaper and he left early.  They did play an extremely short show about 45 minutes, understandable, but their songs are pretty short as well. 9 minutes in they were already on their 4th song, so they got a lot of songs in anyways and they were all dripping with sweat because they rocked out pretty hard the whole time.

I dug it, lots of '72 Stones-y and AC/DC-like stuff, guitarists played a Gibson SG and a Les Paul, bass player had what looked like a Firebird-shaped bass, very melodic playing.  Drummer looked a lot like Patrick with his shaggy hair covering up his face most of the night and he was pounding.

I'd love to see these guys in front of a packed house and a good crowd.  They were super friendly after the show, too, took it well, at least on the surface, for the horrible turnout.