Red Rocks - August 14

Started by e_wind, Mar 03, 2015, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuttytown

Flying solo tomorrow. Looking to meet up with anyone before the show. Traveling from NYC.

ericm

Quote from: jimhb on Aug 13, 2015, 05:48 PM
any news on early entry?

C'mon Man!   :wink:

The info you seek is only a few posts above yours.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

amerry

Quote from: Woldie on Aug 13, 2015, 12:45 PM
Looks like Mother Nature may be adding her own special touches to the ambience and lighting design.  Could be a wet one, folks, but, after witnessing what happened at Bonnaroo 2008, I say "Bring it on."  Bring your preferred insulation.  Insulation... I don't wanna feel a thing...

So that means we might have rainbows over the venue   :smiley:

joe v

Quote from: cuttytown on Aug 13, 2015, 06:03 PM
Flying solo tomorrow. Looking to meet up with anyone before the show. Traveling from NYC.

Come to the south lot. Astoria man, born & raised there 45 years before I moved away. Look for a 50 Year Dead Skull navy blue hat.
My Perfect Day = Snowboarding on a powder day in the trees & listening to my favorite music.

sillyboob

Quote from: amerry on Aug 13, 2015, 06:52 PM
Quote from: Woldie on Aug 13, 2015, 12:45 PM
Looks like Mother Nature may be adding her own special touches to the ambience and lighting design.  Could be a wet one, folks, but, after witnessing what happened at Bonnaroo 2008, I say "Bring it on."  Bring your preferred insulation.  Insulation... I don't wanna feel a thing...

And don't forget the meteor shower going on too!

So that means we might have rainbows over the venue   :smiley:
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Stevie

Still looking for an extra at face. Also just realized that i left my early entry laminant at home.if anyone has an extra of those ill pay to borrow it.

mal350

Just got to Denver after a week-long road trip for the show!  Can't wait.  Red Rocks first timer.  What time is everyone planning on getting there tomorrow? 

sillyboob

Flying in tomorrow with the wife, first timers here too.  Can't check-in at the hotel until 4:00, then straight to Red Rocks.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Beans713

All day rafting yesterday, Band of Heathens in Salida tonight, should hit the south lot by 5pm tomorrow. Stoked to be back at RR with MMJ bringing us all together.

Lonndown27

God I wish I could be there...so many of you guys are awesome and I know im a little new here but im not new to the power of this band. I've already felt ive made a few friends on here notably CHIMMJFAN and Johnnyboy but I wish I could be there to meet all of you amazing people  :smiley: have an awesome time be safe lookout for each other and most of all HAVE SO MUCH FUNwe talk about it for years  :thumbsup:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

MisterQuark

Quote from: Stevie on Aug 13, 2015, 08:54 PM
Still looking for an extra at face. Also just realized that i left my early entry laminant at home.if anyone has an extra of those ill pay to borrow it.

I have one extra GA I need to get rid of for face. I will be heading down from Boulder tomorrow afternoon. If you still need one PM me and I can give you my email/phone # for meeting up.

CHIMMJFAN

Too bad you can't make it Lonndown27, we will definitely keep the excitement up for you and I should have my laptop with me so I'll be sure to report back within 24 hours.

Ok, 6am flight tomorrow morning, Red Rocks here we come!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Lonndown27

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Aug 13, 2015, 10:53 PM
Too bad you can't make it Lonndown27, we will definitely keep the excitement up for you and I should have my laptop with me so I'll be sure to report back within 24 hours.

Ok, 6am flight tomorrow morning, Red Rocks here we come!

CHIMMJFAN

DOOOOOOOOD you are awesome I wish I could too! I'm firmly firmly saying right here and now that I will be there for the next RR show, since I am only a state away, and once my job starts picking up after we finalize our move, the money will be there for a lot of these spectacle shows! I cant wait to meet you guys, you all sound like a great bunch of people!

IT IS UPON US!!!!!!!!!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

does show time at 8 mean the boys are gonna start then ? or is that the opening band? Ive looked everywhere and cant find that information sorry guys   :embarrassed:

gardenparty

Had to randomly share a cab with a dude at Denver airport tonight because it was so late due to flight delays.  He was heading to the show as well

If you post here have a great show Jim!

My guess is they start at 8.  Someone will confirm tomorrow though

Stevie

St Louis and KC the show started at 7:30 and Jacket was on by 8:45.  For what that is worth.

Troyl303

Does anyone know if getting in for sound check is happening for roll call peeps?  In 2012 we were able to head into the venue around 4 and watched the band play a few tunes beforehand.

raheuer

Man... I bought deluxe roll call for this show but my laminate has gone missing and there's no receipt on my account. I emailed Wonderful Union but I sure hope this mess gets resolved. I'm too pumped for this show for this to happen!!!!
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

ericm

Quote from: raheuer on Aug 14, 2015, 09:05 AM
Man... I bought deluxe roll call for this show but my laminate has gone missing and there's no receipt on my account. I emailed Wonderful Union but I sure hope this mess gets resolved. I'm too pumped for this show for this to happen!!!!

Just go to your dashboard on your account, and print out the page that shows you're an active RC member.  Or if you can pull it up on your phone, that should work too. It'll show the date your membership is good until. As long as you can show you're an active member, you'll be good to go.

The  woman who checks for laminates is great. She'll come out a few minutes before early entry to make sure everyone in line should be there, has their laminate, or is good to go if not. She'll help straighten out any questions before the entry starts.

Early entry has come a long way from it's start, and is really well run. Thanks in large part to this woman doing such a great job, no doubt. Pissed at myself for not getting her name at any of the shows I've been to, but I will next time.
"Where's Jim going?"

raheuer

Quote from: ericm on Aug 14, 2015, 09:19 AM
Quote from: raheuer on Aug 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Just go to your dashboard on your account, and print out the page that shows you're an active RC member.  Or if you can pull it up on your phone, that should work too. It'll show the date your membership is good until. As long as you can show you're an active member, you'll be good to go.

The  woman who checks for laminates is great. She'll come out a few minutes before early entry to make sure everyone in line should be there, has their laminate, or is good to go if not. She'll help straighten out any questions before the entry starts.

Early entry has come a long way from it's start, and is really well run. Thanks in large part to this woman doing such a great job, no doubt. Pissed at myself for not getting her name at any of the shows I've been to, but I will next time.
You rock man, you definitely  eased my preshow jitters about this. I was afraid it would just be some meat head bouncers that follow rules to a T.
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!