Main Menu

Big Pat

Started by dub82, Apr 11, 2015, 12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub82

I wanted to give a separate post on Patrick. He is one of the best drummers I have ever seen, and his ability has increased over the years. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves, and I want to simply point out how great he is. I love his intensity on IB4U and steam, but compound just put it over the top. I feel like he is the most appreciative of the bands success, and,I can't wait to see him live again.

Pat- you are a stud. You are the pulse of the band.

easy way

Quote from: dub82 on Apr 11, 2015, 12:20 AM
I wanted to give a separate post on Patrick. He is one of the best drummers I have ever seen, and his ability has increased over the years. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves, and I want to simply point out how great he is. I love his intensity on IB4U and steam, but compound just put it over the top. I feel like he is the most appreciative of the bands success, and,I can't wait to see him live again.

I second that... Animalistic driving force, he is!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

sb_gli

While most of his beats are basic and simple, he truly possesses a single attribute that a lot of drummers fail to replicate:  Timing.  This is especially noted live.  It's not how you play the notes, it's how you rest between, and Patrick is absolutely clutch when it comes to this.

:drum:

Bulldog

More importantly, the guy is genuinely having fun and it shows....

Met his parents at OBH I, what a nice couple sweetest damm people you would ever wanna meet and they were having a blast...

ffghtrs

I concur, his fills are out of this world and on tempo.  I saw a bad called dedelectric the other day and their drummer was terrible.  if he was doing a beat the band sounded great but he was do extended fills and stuff and losing his rhythm and everything would go to shit.  And that is why you have to appreciate  man who does the clock arms and can time making a latte by tapping his foot.  Patrick is a badass!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: dub82 on Apr 11, 2015, 12:20 AM

Just watched the Compound Fracture performance on Fallon and I agree 100%. There is a split second at the beginning of the song where it is only drums and bass before the guitars and keys come in. I am really hoping they extend the drums/bass intro for the live shows because it sounds great.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

sillyboob

Quote from: Bulldog on Apr 11, 2015, 10:05 AM
More importantly, the guy is genuinely having fun and it shows....

Met his parents at OBH I, what a nice couple sweetest damm people you would ever wanna meet and they were having a blast...

How cool - meeting his parents at OBH.  That's even cooler that he brought them down!!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ffghtrs

Yeah that really makes it cool...taking his parent to OBH is so cool.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?