Main Menu

TROPICS

Started by Jackets N Pones, May 04, 2015, 11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

sb_gli

parkervb

some of the tracks took a few listens to get a feel for but this was instantly a winner for me. It's going to be a live epic.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Sick!  The last two minutes rock and give me the same boost that the greatest instrumental bits from Run Thru, Easy Morning Rebel, Lay Low and Masterplan provide.  Those four songs have my favorite instrumental parts that blow me away every time.  Tropics is on that level.  High praise I know, but Tropics is nuts! 

SpaceWrangler

Tropics is gonna be the best live song on this album. 

The 3:10 mark in the song to the end is the quintessential Jacket sound.
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED

grizzy

Quote from: SpaceWrangler on May 04, 2015, 03:42 PM

Agree with all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mynameiscurt

Have a feeling this will be the one we are all amped on when played live a few years from now.

bhyman

Quote from: mynameiscurt on May 04, 2015, 04:44 PM
Have a feeling this will be the one we are all amped on when played live a few years from now.
Yes, but I'm sort of hoping it won't be a show staple either. Something about hearing one of those lesser-played tunes make them more special. War Begun anyone?

dmooney99

def. my fav track off the album  :thumbsup:

dookie shoot bandit

Definitely my favorite on the new album by far!

100% agree with what everyone has said

Mr. White

Quote from: mynameiscurt on May 04, 2015, 04:44 PM

I sort of felt this way after seeing them play this live at Headliners last month. A lot of the songs on the new album seem show ready. They could extend out and jam just about all of them, but this song (and possibly "Only Memories Remain") could fit the category of a concert favorite.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

dub82

This and compound are my favs so far. Someone said teopics sounds like Zeppelin, and it does. This album is throwing me for a goddam loop. I love it, but I have never listened to one of their albums where I kept thinking " whoa, what the hell is THIS!?".

bigloop

Is anyone concerned that the intro to this song sounds uncomfortably like Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive?

davymac

Loving this track too.  Can't wait to hear it live!

jimsflyingv

Quote from: SpaceWrangler on May 04, 2015, 03:42 PM

could have been longer though :-)

grizzy

Quote from: bigloop on May 05, 2015, 11:56 PM
Is anyone concerned that the intro to this song sounds uncomfortably like Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive?

So glad you said that... I heard it too!

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

Tomer

Right now it's my favorite track on the album. Pretty awesome to play it loud. Really waiting to see how it goes live!
"Jim's voice makes Enya sound like a russian couple arguing in a bowling alley"

dondante24

Easily my favorite track off the album...

APR

Quote from: grizzy on May 06, 2015, 07:22 AM

Quote from: bigloop on May 05, 2015, 11:56 PM

So glad you said that... I heard it too!

Yes.  Exactly.  That is what I heard right away.  The more I listen, the less I think of Bon Jovi (which is a great thing).  Just curious, what the concern is?  Copyright issues?  Or MMJ starting off a song that reminds you of "I'm a Cowboy... in a city I ride... blah, blah, blah."