One big Holiday during NASCAR commercial

Started by pattilovesmmj, May 26, 2015, 02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pattilovesmmj

So, last night before the Chicago Blackhawks-Ducks game, I heard a distinctive drum during the commercial for NASCAR.  Then, no doubt it was OBH in the background.  Did anyone else hear it?  I was with 2 roll call friends and they both did.
just wondering.........

kvgq420

Yes, i heard it also. Why Nascar MMJ, why??

Crispy

Quote from: kvgq420 on May 26, 2015, 03:16 PM

Because they wrote a check?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

sillyboob

Quote from: kvgq420 on May 26, 2015, 03:16 PM

What's wrong with Nascar?  Or are you just basing your opinion on stereotypes?

I've been to many Nascar races and I'll tell anyone who cares to listen, my wife & I have had great times going to Nascar races, and we've met the coolest, most laid-back people when we've gone.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

CHIMMJFAN

Nice, I'm glad someone else caught it, I too was with friends about to watch the Blackhawks game.....I remember recently hearing at the LA listening party report Jim saying they will sell their songs to anyone who wants them.

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

joey_rogo

I'm a big motorsports fan. NASCAR races are great fucking time. :beer:

Grudge

Just saw this a minute ago. Not a nascar fan but nothing wrong with supporting sports. Better than being in a commercial for a come crappy product.

Jim James Paul and Tyrone

I am watching the Preseason Vikings vs Steelers game on NBC, and just now a NASCAR commercial came on with Spring (Among the Living) guitar riff was playing in the background. No lyrics. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Mr. White

Quote from: Jim James Paul and Tyrone on Aug 09, 2015, 09:30 PM
I am watching the Preseason Vikings vs Steelers game on NBC, and just now a NASCAR commercial came on with Spring (Among the Living) guitar riff was playing in the background. No lyrics. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

That is trippin'! I have the game on (DVR'ed it in case I change channels), so I had to rewind to the NASCAR commercial on your say-so (I NEVER watch commercials anymore...unless I can't get to the remote fast enough). I don't care for car racing but appreciate them being "hip" enough to know a good "riff" when they hear it (the people who made the commercial, not necessarily NASCAR themselves).

I've heard Holdin' On To Black Metal played over the stadium loudspeakers at a couple of MLB games earlier this summer (they played it when play on the field was stopped for reasons like the manager going out to talk to the pitcher or the umpire, etc.).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

sillyboob

Just saw another Nascar commercial that's using Spring (Among The Living) as the background music.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

mind at large

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 09, 2015, 09:42 PM
Quote from: Jim James Paul and Tyrone on Aug 09, 2015, 09:30 PM

That is trippin'! I have the game on (DVR'ed it in case I change channels), so I had to rewind to the NASCAR commercial on your say-so (I NEVER watch commercials anymore...unless I can't get to the remote fast enough). I don't care for car racing but appreciate them being "hip" enough to know a good "riff" when they hear it (the people who made the commercial, not necessarily NASCAR themselves).

I've heard Holdin' On To Black Metal played over the stadium loudspeakers at a couple of MLB games earlier this summer (they played it when play on the field was stopped for reasons like the manager going out to talk to the pitcher or the umpire, etc.).

i think one of the ea sports games (mlb or nhl) had holdin' on to black metal as part of their in game playlists as well.