Roll Call Boston - 11/20 & 11/21 Orpheum Theater

Started by CountSA, Jul 13, 2015, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigloop

Jbpats

Quote from: joey_rogo on Jul 17, 2015, 10:11 AM
Jesus fucking christ. Could the seating be more confusing here?

Well fuck it. Night 1 I'll be all the way to the left.

I have an extra to night 2, row MM seat 114, available for trade. I'll be looking to get closer to center on night 1.

Were the seats marked obstructed or limited view?

joey_rogo

Quote from: Jbpats on Jul 17, 2015, 10:43 AM
Were the seats marked obstructed or limited view?

No I didn't see that anywhere. It's been a while since I did a TM public sale so maybe I missed it but I don't think so. I'm looking at the confirmation email now and it does not say obstructed anywhere.

Quote from: CountSA on Jul 17, 2015, 10:19 AM
My wife is doubtful for Night 1 so I might have an extra in Row LL in left center.  I'll keep you posted.

Thanks man. Let me know. I'll let you know if I find something else.

mahg33ta

I've seen dozens of shows at the orpheum so just chiming in to agree with a lot of what's been said.

Mezz seats are great - not "jim james just sweat on me" great but perfect sightlines and sound.  Row A in Mezz are as sweet as it gets and you'll see them on scalper sites for big bucks, but there are only 3 rows so any are fine.   It's been a good option with my wife when I'm shooting for a hassle free night.   Yes I've felt that whole balcony sway up and down a good 18" and you really start wondering about your plan in a structural disaster.   Tool '06 comes to mind as a time I thought death was imminent.

Balcony seats are fine too - really,there's not a terrible seat in the house.   I mean I can't pretend they are great and are likely not anyone's first choice, but I wouldn't be heartbroken.   I saw Wilco from the balcony and had a good old time.

As far as orchestra extreme side seating, as long as you are reasonably close to the aisle you will be absolutely fine.   It does get tricky the further away you go (sorry joey rogo) depending on the stage setup.   but the only one's I'd realy hesitate for are the ones marked obstructed view - it should have popped up and warned you - and if it didn't, you are fine.   You can find a detailed seating chart and see how many are in the row and how far you are.   Hopefully it's not the last 2-3 seats.

CountSA

I ended with front row in the first mini balcony seats on Carl's side from this sale.  It said obstructed but it looks OK to me.  Anyone ever sit up there?

Jbpats

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jul 17, 2015, 11:02 AM
I've seen dozens of shows at the orpheum so just chiming in to agree with a lot of what's been said.

Mezz seats are great - not "jim james just sweat on me" great but perfect sightlines and sound.  Row A in Mezz are as sweet as it gets and you'll see them on scalper sites for big bucks, but there are only 3 rows so any are fine.   It's been a good option with my wife when I'm shooting for a hassle free night.   Yes I've felt that whole balcony sway up and down a good 18" and you really start wondering about your plan in a structural disaster.   Tool '06 comes to mind as a time I thought death was imminent.

Balcony seats are fine too - really,there's not a terrible seat in the house.   I mean I can't pretend they are great and are likely not anyone's first choice, but I wouldn't be heartbroken.   I saw Wilco from the balcony and had a good old time.

As far as orchestra extreme side seating, as long as you are reasonably close to the aisle you will be absolutely fine.   It does get tricky the further away you go (sorry joey rogo) depending on the stage setup.   but the only one's I'd realy hesitate for are the ones marked obstructed view - it should have popped up and warned you - and if it didn't, you are fine.   You can find a detailed seating chart and see how many are in the row and how far you are.   Hopefully it's not the last 2-3 seats.

TOOL 06 at the Orpheum was epic. I remember going into work to log into every PC on my floor and scored tickets in the last row of the orchestra on only one PC.

Jbpats

Quote from: CountSA on Jul 17, 2015, 11:08 AM
I ended with front row in the first mini balcony seats on Carl's side from this sale.  It said obstructed but it looks OK to me.  Anyone ever sit up there?

The left/right orchestra seating is pretty easy to understand. If you are far right the right side of the stage will be obstructed, if you are far left the left side of the stage will be obstructed. Sometimes they have speaker towers set up on the corners which really f's things up, but regardless you'll have some obstruction.. If you are on the aisle you will be okay, but those first two seats are really it. Also the further back you are on the far right or left side the better off you are, the first 5 or 6 rows from the stage are the worse off by far... You'll also be limited with how much depth of the stage you can see, like the drums and backdrop might be cut off etc.
Same scenario for the left or right boxes.

Orpheum needs to do a better job as marking them as obstructed, i've only seen the very close seats, like 1-4 first few rows on the left or right side marked as obstructed when many more should have been.
I will say I think the boxes are always marked as limited view, those seats are usually dropped later on depending on demand of show. I'm surprised they were sold today.

CountSA

When the onsale started the map seat selection opened up and really caught me off guard.  I kinda panicked and picked those seats after trying for a few other spots but not being able to push them through.

The seats look like they're right on top of the stage though so that could be pretty sweet if the speaker stack isn't blocking the view.

Jbpats

Quote from: CountSA on Jul 17, 2015, 11:23 AM
When the onsale started the map seat selection opened up and really caught me off guard.  I kinda panicked and picked those seats after trying for a few other spots but not being able to push them through.

Hey, in the end its about the tunes, it's going to be a great show regardless. You'll be able to see Jim for sure regardless of where anyone is sitting.
On a happier note people might be glad to know that Orpheum has some of the cheapest beers of any Boston venue. They sell the 24 ounce pounders for like $12-14 each... in Boston that is a steal.

joey_rogo

Found it funny how, once again, the email about tickets going on sale arrived well after the sale had begun.

CTdeadhead

Quote from: Jbpats on Jul 17, 2015, 11:25 AM
Quote from: CountSA on Jul 17, 2015, 11:23 AM

Hey, in the end its about the tunes, it's going to be a great show regardless. You'll be able to see Jim for sure regardless of where anyone is sitting.
On a happier note people might be glad to know that Orpheum has some of the cheapest beers of any Boston venue. They sell the 24 ounce pounders for like $12-14 each... in Boston that is a steal.

LOL that's a steal...LOL how thats actually true. Meanwhile up here in Maine I get em for $1.99...thats only a 600% mark up, lol...but hey its beer. 

wolof7

Wolof and wife scored tix for both nights!  (mid-orch) decent seats. I may shop around but am psyched for 2 shows. The rents don't know they're on double babysitting duty that weekend. Psyched to see all you fine folks, it's been too long!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

Quote from: wolof7 on Jul 17, 2015, 04:44 PM
Wolof and wife scored tix for both nights!  (mid-orch) decent seats. I may shop around but am psyched for 2 shows. The rents don't know they're on double babysitting duty that weekend. Psyched to see all you fine folks, it's been too long!
Wish I still lived in New England, Matt.  Hope you're well.  Enjoy those shows!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jbpats

By the way gambled and bought Dave Gilmour MSG tix at 10 today passing on the Saturday MMJ onsale.. Hope I didn't make a mistake.
Saw it as a once in a lifetime opportunity and already have Friday tickets, also saw them at Roo last month. Amazing show to say the least

beckstp1

I got my voucher thingy from gilt city for fri night, (they sent it in an email) got a Single seat in row JJ which is great.
Haven't gotten an email about the sat night show, hopefully that'll happen soon.
Anyone else hear anything re: gilt city presale?

GO4IT

Row RR on right side available now for Sat show and some in the same area for Fri.

Jahmazed

Been a long time since I've been here.. Out of the loop on all sales times.. Snagged OO & NN this morning!!!

GO4IT

Quote from: Jahmazed on Jul 18, 2015, 10:38 AM
Been a long time since I've been here.. Out of the loop on all sales times.. Snagged OO & NN this morning!!!
I had NN for Sat but they slipped away (to you, I guess) and then got OO starting at the center-side aisle.

Jbpats

Quote from: beckstp1 on Jul 18, 2015, 08:02 AM
I got my voucher thingy from gilt city for fri night, (they sent it in an email) got a Single seat in row JJ which is great.
Haven't gotten an email about the sat night show, hopefully that'll happen soon.
Anyone else hear anything re: gilt city presale?

Seat numbers??

beardedwonder

Y'all prob think my seats are unbearable - ORCH S for Fri and ORCH F for Sat.I def should've grabbed MEZZ seats that I could've had thru Amex resale instead of S. Rookie mistake!

Taking my wife on Fri and flying solo on Sat. 

I have a wedding on Saturday on the Cape to attend. Reception starts at 4. What time do you think MMJ will hit the stage that night???
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"