Roll Call Boston - 11/20 & 11/21 Orpheum Theater

Started by CountSA, Jul 13, 2015, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbpats

Quote from: CountSA on Jul 16, 2015, 10:14 AM
Gilt presale is up:
http://www.giltcity.com/boston/mymorningjacketorpheumtheatreboston

$85 each with a Waterfall download.  I think you can only pick 1 ticket from that main page but once you click on order you can adjust to more seats.  Seats are 2nd - 10th row.

Makes me nervous that seats might be in lower orchestra right or left not right center or left center

beardedwonder

Scored with the Amex! Thanks again mrz200.  ORCH Row S for my wife and I's first show!!!

"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

joey_rogo

I don't like this Gilt City business. I got the email about it at 11:16am. The email states that the presale starts at 10:00am.

It doesn't tell you the seat. It doesn't tell you the section. Maybe it does after you buy. Idk. Not gonna do it.

btcs41

Quote from: joey_rogo on Jul 16, 2015, 11:23 AM
I don't like this Gilt City business. I got the email about it at 11:16am. The email states that the presale starts at 10:00am.

It doesn't tell you the seat. It doesn't tell you the section. Maybe it does after you buy. Idk. Not gonna do it.

Yeah just 'place your order'...seems shady.  Has anyone pressed the button??

Jbpats

Quote from: btcs41 on Jul 16, 2015, 11:25 AM
Quote from: joey_rogo on Jul 16, 2015, 11:23 AM

Yeah just 'place your order'...seems shady.  Has anyone pressed the button??

On the phone with them now, stay tuned

CountSA

I bought a pair.  I figure if I get better seats tomorrow during the public sale it won't be hard to sell these tickets and make my $ back.  After I ordered it said you would have to wait a few hours before you were emailed the ticket. 

Jbpats

Going to give this one a buyer beware notice.
Gilt had no clue where the seats would be, told me I should contact the vendor.. They also had no idea who the vendor was I should be reaching out to.
Going to pass unless someone manages to figure out where the seats are.. There are too man awful seats down low at the orpheum and not worth the gamble.

sharptoe

I bought 2 via GILT for Saturday.  I will let you know where the seats are when they tell me.

gulp

armando

Quote from: Jbpats on Jul 16, 2015, 11:39 AM
Going to give this one a buyer beware notice.
Gilt had no clue where the seats would be, told me I should contact the vendor.. They also had no idea who the vendor was I should be reaching out to.
Going to pass unless someone manages to figure out where the seats are.. There are too man awful seats down low at the orpheum and not worth the gamble.

I bought tix for Atlanta via the GC presale. Fox Theatre folks told me that we'll get the tickets at will call and they won't know where our seats are until then. In hindsight, I wouldn't buy through the GC presale.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

cigarzin

Quote from: CountSA on Jul 16, 2015, 11:34 AM
I bought a pair.  I figure if I get better seats tomorrow during the public sale it won't be hard to sell these tickets and make my $ back.  After I ordered it said you would have to wait a few hours before you were emailed the ticket. 

Pretty sure you pick up the tickets at will call, so you'll have to scalp them outside the show. If they turn out to be not so great seats, you might have a tough time getting rid of them. So it is not like you can just put them up on stubhub since you won't know the seats until you actually pick them up. That's the part that worries me the most. I have mezz seats, but do I gamble and sell those and try to get seats in the first 10 rows?

mrz200

Quote from: cigarzin on Jul 16, 2015, 01:43 PM
Quote from: CountSA on Jul 16, 2015, 11:34 AM

Pretty sure you pick up the tickets at will call, so you'll have to scalp them outside the show. If they turn out to be not so great seats, you might have a tough time getting rid of them. So it is not like you can just put them up on stubhub since you won't know the seats until you actually pick them up. That's the part that worries me the most. I have mezz seats, but do I gamble and sell those and try to get seats in the first 10 rows?

mezz seats are excellent at the Orpheum.  not great for a "energy of the crowd" seat, as you are kinda out in your own little area vs being in a packed orchestra pit or partying up in the balcony, but as far as sight & sound you can't beat it. 

not that folks won't be boogeying...I've been scared more than once that the Orpheum mezz is going to crack off during big shows as it bounces up & down pretty hard.

CountSA

Damn I didn't realize you don't find out where the seats are until you pick up at will call.  I've been tucked into the corner at the Orpheum before and they really aren't that bad.

Jbpats

Took a gamble on the gilt city for Friday, hopefully it works out better then the mmj presale worked out.
Speaking of which, does anyone find it absurd that the majority of fan club members got shut out but yet there are gilt city and amex presales? Something is off with the whole process

ericm

Quote from: Jbpats on Jul 16, 2015, 04:59 PM
Took a gamble on the gilt city for Friday, hopefully it works out better then the mmj presale worked out.
Speaking of which, does anyone find it absurd that the majority of fan club members got shut out but yet there are gilt city and amex presales? Something is off with the whole process

I don't. Typically bands get around 10% of the tix for their Fan club presales. Give or take a couple of pct. The Beacon for example holds 3,200 so the band probably only got around 300 per show for Roll Call. Take into account people could get 4 tix and they go quick.

Amex, Gilt, Chase, and Radio stations have their own deals with venues/TM, and there's no way around that, unfortunately. TM takes care of the companies they partner up with and do lots of business with. Not much the average fan can do about that.
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

I used a Gilt presale for one of my three Chicago tickets and was quite satisfied (7th row behind the GA pit).  I got a "print-at-home" style ticket once I was notified of the seat, weeks after purchase but well before the show.  I was nervous and skeptical, but would have probably tried my hand at Gilt for those Boston shows... if I still lived in New England.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

joey_rogo

Just to confirm.. if my ticket says ORCH NN seat 13, left of center.... that is section LC and not the all the way left one right?

Some seating charts have the double letter rows only in the 2 center sections and some have them in the far left and right as well.

Edit: fuck wait, i think I'm all the way to the left. shit.

CountSA

Quote from: joey_rogo on Jul 17, 2015, 10:06 AM
Just to confirm.. if my ticket says ORCH NN seat 13, left of center.... that is section LC and not the all the way left one right?

Some seating charts have the double letter rows only in the 2 center sections and some have them in the far left and right as well.

Edit: fuck wait, i think I'm all the way to the left. shit.

Yeah it looks like those are way off on the side.

pjfan04101

Yeah, the far left section goes from seat 1-17, with 1 being closer to the center. 

joey_rogo

Jesus fucking christ. Could the seating be more confusing here?

Well fuck it. Night 1 I'll be all the way to the left.

I have an extra to night 2, row MM seat 114, available for trade. I'll be looking to get closer to center on night 1.

CountSA

Quote from: joey_rogo on Jul 17, 2015, 10:11 AM
Jesus fucking christ. Could the seating be more confusing here?

Well fuck it. Night 1 I'll be all the way to the left.

I have an extra to night 2, row MM seat 114, available for trade. I'll be looking to get closer to center on night 1.

My wife is doubtful for Night 1 so I might have an extra in Row LL in left center.  I'll keep you posted.