NEW Spring Tour Dates

Started by dontgetupset, Jan 18, 2016, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontgetupset

Roll Callers! We're thrilled to announce a handful of spring tour dates. We'll be making stops in Louisville, Houston, Indianapolis, and Oklahoma City. Public on sale starts January 22, but Roll Call gets first access to tickets tomorrow, January 19th!
We're equally excited to announce our old pals The Barr Brothers will be joining us in Oklahoma City, Houston, Indianapolis, and night two of Red Rocks. Our hometown buddies Twin Limb will join us both nights in Louisville and The Fruit Bats will kick off our two night stand at Red Rocks.
Pre-sale concert tickets for the following dates tomorrow:
April 27, 2016 - Oklahoma City, OK @ The Criterion w/ The Barr Brothers
April 28, 2016 - Houston, TX @ Revention Music Center w/ The Barr Brothers
May 12, 2016 - Louisville, KY @ Iroquois Amphitheater w/ Twin Limb
May 13, 2016 - Louisville, KY @ Iroquois Amphitheater w/ Twin Limb
May 26, 2016 - Indianapolis, IN @ Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn w/ The Barr Brothers
PRE-SALE TIMES
Deluxe Members: Tuesday, January 19 at 10am local venue time.
Digital Members: Tuesday, January 19 at 10:30am local venue time.
No password is required to access this pre-sale. Current Roll Call Members can purchase concert ticket simply by visiting the desired event listing above.

johnnYYac

FYI...

New 2016 My Morning Jacket Setlist and Taping Links thread up top.

New 2016 tour dates on the MMJ Forum Calendar.

New 2016 Tour Poster thread started.

Let the games begin!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

pattilovesmmj

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 18, 2016, 01:18 PM
FYI...

New 2016 My Morning Jacket Setlist and Taping Links thread up top.

New 2016 tour dates on the MMJ Forum Calendar.

New 2016 Tour Poster thread started.

Let the games begin!
As always John, Thanks for all that you do! 
Crossing my fingers for Louisville!  May have to forfeit RR for possible new job, but It'd be worth it for Louisville! And the job.............
WOW what great news to wake up to!

APR

Great news!  When they announced the late 2015 dates they waited a while before adding two more for the Beacon and another little while until they announced the Tower Theater show.  So what I'm trying to say is that I hope they do what they did last year and add a few more in the next few weeks.  Spring would be a great time to see those MPP renovations!

kholl44

Since they announced stops in Louisville and Indy, I'm wondering if an announcement for Carl and Tom's adopted home of Nashville is coming soon... Would be awesome to see them at Ascend Amphitheater again, but with a GA pit this time!
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

YimYodd

Quote from: kholl44 on Jan 18, 2016, 03:09 PM
Since they announced stops in Louisville and Indy, I'm wondering if an announcement for Carl and Tom's adopted home of Nashville is coming soon... Would be awesome to see them at Ascend Amphitheater again, but with a GA pit this time!

I like the way you think!  :beer: :beer:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

LBSUNFLWR

Iroquois only holds 2,348 people. The fact that they are playing a venue this small in any city is amazing, but in Louisville?! It's going to be incredible...I'm nervous about not getting tickets though.

walterfredo

I can be available to help folks with L'ville tix during the regular sale. Obviously can't help for the roll call sale since can't transfer the tix.

staurie28

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 18, 2016, 03:20 PM
Iroquois only holds 2,348 people. The fact that they are playing a venue this small in any city is amazing, but in Louisville?! It's going to be incredible...I'm nervous about not getting tickets though.

WOW that is amazing.  I'm sure they will be insanely epic shows! 

LBSUNFLWR

it's a really great venue!

EverythingChanges

How quick do you expect the Louisville shows to sell out? Are we talking within minutes, hours, or days?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

LBSUNFLWR

I would think less than an hour, possibly in minutes.  :tongue:

slappymoe

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 18, 2016, 03:39 PM
How quick do you expect the Louisville shows to sell out? Are we talking within minutes, hours, or days?
in a venue that small? tix will be gone in the blink of an eye. i just hope that between the fan club presale, the promoter presale, and the general sale i can score four for each nite.

amskinz

As excited as we all are for what I'm sure will be some legendary shows, I'm hoping this is only the tip of the 2016 iceberg. I do love the announcement the day before presale. It's the ultimate adrenaline shot (aside from being at the show). Don't make us unfortunate folks who can't make any of these shows wait too long to start planning their next opportunity though. Keep the shows coming!
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

AlwxanderD10

I'm a noob as far as buying multi night tickets goes, will there be an option for purchasing tickets for both nights, or do i make separate transactions simultaneously? 

Stevie

2,348 really isn't all that small.  They played Georgia Theater (1,000) and Tennessee Theater (1,600) last tour and although tickets weren't exactly easy to come by it wasn't extremely difficult.  Almost every time they come to Milwaukee they play the Riverside Theater which is about 2,450, and I've always felt it was the perfect size for them.  When you consider the fact that many of us have already committed to Red Rocks, and the even more important fact that the Iroquois is all GA, I don't think this will be a hard ticket to get when all is said and done.

TL/DR:  Don't freak out, you'll get a ticket.

jcc0065

Quote from: Stevie on Jan 18, 2016, 05:33 PM
2,348 really isn't all that small.  They played Georgia Theater (1,000) and Tennessee Theater (1,600) last tour and although tickets weren't exactly easy to come by it wasn't extremely difficult.  Almost every time they come to Milwaukee they play the Riverside Theater which is about 2,450, and I've always felt it was the perfect size for them.  When you consider the fact that many of us have already committed to Red Rocks, and the even more important fact that the Iroquois is all GA, I don't think this will be a hard ticket to get when all is said and done.

played a 2000 seater in birmingham also! to me, they thrive in more intimate settings

ericm

I think you're underestimating the hometown show factor. Not only will a lot of local people want to go but also a lot of other fans who want to see them in their hometown.

On a larger scale I see this all the time with Springsteen shows in NJ. Always a tough ticket, and always a ton of out of owners who want to see him here in NJ making it even tougher.
"Where's Jim going?"

APR

Quote from: ericm on Jan 18, 2016, 05:49 PM

I think you're underestimating the hometown show factor. Not only will a lot of local people want to go but also a lot of other fans who want to see them in their hometown.

On a larger scale I see this all the time with Springsteen shows in NJ. Always a tough ticket, and always a ton of out of owners who want to see him here in NJ making it even tougher.

Interesting.  I agree with Stevie.  I understand both sides of the argument, but when MMJ played the Tower Theater it took weeks before it sold out.  The Tower probably holds about 2,500 ,and Philly is huge compared to Louisville.

That said, I took a trip to see MMJ in Louisville five or six years ago, and it was worth it!  There will be out of towers but not enough to create a huge problem.

slappymoe

Quote from: APR on Jan 18, 2016, 07:47 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jan 18, 2016, 05:49 PM

Interesting.  I agree with Stevie.  I understand both sides of the argument, but when MMJ played the Tower Theater it took weeks before it sold out.  The Tower probably holds about 2,500 ,and Philly is huge compared to Louisville.

That said, I took a trip to see MMJ in Louisville five or six years ago, and it was worth it!  There will be out of towers but not enough to create a huge problem.
i certainly hope you guys are right, and everyone here has no trouble scoring tickets, but we aren't talking athens or knoxville or milwaukee or even philly. these are hometown shows in a pretty small venue. and there are probably more MMJ fans in louisville than those 4 cities combined.

i believe these tickets are going to go and they're going to go fast. best of luck to everyone.