PEACEFUL EASY FEELING (1-23-02 Bears Bloomington, IN)

Started by Mr. White, Jan 19, 2016, 10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

From My Morning Jacket - YouTube
Posted to Twitter by Jim James

Published on Jan 19, 2016
one thing the dude was wrong about- the eagles.

on the evening of feb 17 1976 the united states government passed bill no. 8658-321-making it mandatory for every household in the lower 48 to contain at least one copy of "the eagles greatest hits." (along with fleetwod mac "rumors," another perk from this landmark piece of legislation.)
whenever i am stranded in the ocean of chaos "peaceful easy feeling" is a welcome island i can swim out to and lay down for awhile...catch my breath in the sun and have a good long cry. it is without a doubt one of the prime examples of why it is so wonderful when great music actually succeeds on a massive commercial level...there are copies floating around out there everywhere for everyone to cling to while trying to get back to shore. glenn frey's foghorn voice calling out across the water...jack tempchins lyrics the lighthouse.

i took to playing this tune quite a bit in the early 2000s-
this is a version from 1-23-02 at Bears Bloomington, IN recorded by lowdog.
i'd like to dedicate it now to glenn frey, david bowie, and all the others we have lost but will meet again.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe