Main Menu

Michigan

Started by evilPaaauwe, Jul 04, 2024, 02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaaauwe

Was wonderful for MMJ to make their headlining debut in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

After selling out tickets in merely a few hours, I'm confident they will be back.

Was blessed with an amazing show BUT I CANT HELP BUT MELT OVER THE SETLIST IN DETROIT THE FOLLLOWING DAY.

3 songs from Tennessee fire including I will be there when you die, and picture of you. I haven't followed as closely in recent years but presume they are seldom performed live.

Black metal! Thank you too!! Didn't they not play that for a long time due to interpersonal reasons?

Truthfully, my tastes have drifted away from MMJ, but seeing them again was an utter gift to my inner child, and rejuvenated my spirit.

It was nearly 20 years ago when I originally joined this forum. Feeling grateful for this awesome fan base, & lucky to exist in a world with MMJ. That is all.

How was Detroit? I should have gone.

elsieyoung

Sounds like you had an incredible experience at the Grand Rapids show, even if Detroit's setlist stole the show for you!  Those Tennessee Fire deep cuts are awesome, especially 'I Will Be There When You Die.'  I can't blame you for melting over that.

Black Metal live is a treat!  It's great to hear they brought it back.  Maybe there's been a mending of fences!

It's awesome that seeing them again rekindled your love for their music.  That's the power of live shows, right?  And 20 years on this forum – that's some serious dedication!  This community is definitely lucky to have you.

As for Detroit, you might be kicking yourself a little, but hey, at least you got an amazing show in Grand Rapids too!  Maybe next time they come around you can catch a double header.
Travelarii have the perfect family-friendly luxurious resort, ,hotels, villas much more to offer.

iLikeBeer

A little late posting but my wife and I had a great time in Motown!  I was disappointed to see the venue not even half full, but those of us lucky enough to have been there were TRUE fans and I think the boys took notice of that and rewarded us with an incredible setlist!!!

I will echo what evil said about seeing them live and rekindling my love for this band!  I saw them last summer in Cincy and it was my first Jacket show since well before the pandemic.  They blew me away as usual and when I saw them pop up with shows in Michigan I had to go!  Sucks the GR show was sold out so fast as I love GR!  But Detroit more than made up for it and now I get the added pleasure of seeing the tour closer in Cleveland!!!  :beer:

bridgetkeble

I see your excitement, I see it too.  :beer:

Lonndown27

I'm not sure about Thank You Too! being dropped for interpersonal reasons as you say, whatcha mean my guy???

That set list was unreal divinity.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018