Attn: Moderators/BandMgmt.  - Archiving Shows

Started by bocephusjr, Mar 07, 2004, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bocephusjr

what about having the SHNs of various My Morning Jacket shows posted at Archive.org?

I'd love to have easier access to MMJ shows and a place to point new fans toward who are just getting to downloading concerts.

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree.php

This info is taken from the FAQ at Archive.org:

I'm an artist who would like to be included in the Archive, what do I need to do?

We'd love to have you! Just write to us at etree@archive.org giving some kind of permission for us to archive your shows for public download and noncommercial, royalty-free circulation. It does not need to be a formally worded declaration, and can come from anyone you feel has the "say-so." We just need to be clear on how you feel about the project. We will put relevant quotes in our Band Information section, along with a link to your official website.

You can give as much or as little scope for archiving as you like. Some bands place limits on what can be hosted, and we can accomodate those. Archive Curators, volunteer fans who have proven to be in line with the spirit of this archive, will attempt to screen contributions for OK'ed material only.

At the same time you give the go-ahead, feel free to pass along any notes or policy links on your general taping/trading stance as well. You don't need to have a formal written or posted policy before inclusion, but we'd like to know how you feel about the topic.

Besides fans' sending their copies of your shows, you can also prepare and upload your own live recordings to the Archive, if you like. In fact, if you'd like to limit your material to selected contributions from you only, please just let us know.

If you have any questions about the project, please ask us anytime at etree@archive.org.

goldengator

peanut butter puddin surprise

You may want to email Riny (the webmaster) concerning this subject...he is the all knowing authority on all things MMJ.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

CC

sounds cool to me,
it's gonna be looked at for sure.
no promises ;)