Live Bonnaroo!

Started by katkillad, Jun 29, 2004, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkillad

just purchased/downloaded the concert from livebonnaroo.com.  It's pretty incredible and thats exactly what i expected it to be.  

paintaneight

hey,   hows the sound quality and the mix?  i've got plenty of boots but if its that good maybe i'll get it.

tomEisenbraun

Howdy, this is my first post here, and definitely not my last, as I absolutely love MMJ. Just wonderin, I'm not real big on downloadin stuff, will they release the Bonnaroo stuff on CD? Or will I just have to download and make my own CD?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

katkillad

hey,   hows the sound quality and the mix?  i've got plenty of boots but if its that good maybe i'll get it.

I think its better quality than the bootlegs on the ftp, with the exception of the radio shows. ( I downloaded them all. )  Its not perfect quality, but i'm glad i purchased it.    

katkillad

QuoteHowdy, this is my first post here, and definitely not my last, as I absolutely love MMJ. Just wonderin, I'm not real big on downloadin stuff, will they release the Bonnaroo stuff on CD? Or will I just have to download and make my own CD?

Not that I know of, its just downloadable from that site.  If you have cable internet it only takes like 2 minutes.  I was downloading at 300+kb/s.  

tomEisenbraun

darn, I'll have to download it then, osunded great from the little 45 sec samples they had.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

thebear0284

yeah i was at the show, and it was just amazing when it started raining and everyone was going nuts and the guys just kept playing so hard. anyways i downloaded it and i love it, personally i think they should release a live cd or dvd for wide release, they are just amazing live, everyone should check it out.

katkillad

Quoteyeah i was at the show, and it was just amazing when it started raining and everyone was going nuts and the guys just kept playing so hard. anyways i downloaded it and i love it, personally i think they should release a live cd or dvd for wide release, they are just amazing live, everyone should check it out.

Completely agree.  I read in our Cinci City Beat, a newspaper/magazine type deal that focuses on movies and music mostly, that jim commented on the new members of the band and said a live cd was definately something to look forward to in the future.  I dont believe he was talking about the Acoustic Citsuoca cd either.    

On the download of bonnaroo I remember hearing Jim say "this feels fucking great" or something along those lines.  I thought he might be talking about a breeze...but I was wondering what he was talking about.  I really wish i would have made the trip to see that festival.  

jim was talking about the weather.  after 36 hours of brutal heat--the clouds/breeze finally took control about 30 minutes into their set.  The breeze was the best breeze in the world--until it transformed into huge gusts and threatened to knock over the stage. Although all MMJ shows are worthy of being on DVD--this one would be awesome because of the storm.  The only problem would be that it was cut short because the weather got too bad.  Maybe they could have a second disc on the DVD with acoustic stuff.

SpliffTastic

I had never even heard of MMJ before Bonnaroo this year, but i decided to give them a chance, anyways.  So, I left Beth Orton early and got to MMJ right as they finished One Big Holiday (which I had heard playing before shows that whole previous day and really liked).  It turned out to be the best show of the weekend.  The crazy weather made it an even better experience.

I went out and bought It Still Moves when I got back and love it.

Oz

It's cool to get a Live album like this and with artwork, too! I haven't had the chance to download it since I'm in, well, Berlin, but I definitely will!
I'm ready when you are