Favorite MMJ song?

Started by wakka oner, Sep 30, 2003, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

I too am into "Come Closer" again, and I echo your words on this song.  Pure genius, just beautiful...this song got me through some really tough times during my wife's surgery 2 years ago.  

QuoteWhen will the world see
that this man/band are genuis

Can I get an amen?!  Amen, sister.  

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Tameegee

QuoteI too am into "Come Closer" again, and I echo your words on this song.  Pure genius, just beautiful...this song got me through some really tough times during my wife's surgery 2 years ago.  

Can I get an amen?!  Amen, sister.  

Hope all is well now, johnconaway. :)

This music has brought me alot of comfort, as well. It also brings a feeling of hope. I've always known this type of music was out there, but never experienced it until MMJ came into my life.  Some may say I'm silly for putting so much emphasis on this music, but if it gets me through the lonely nights, takes away the blues, and makes me smile through all the craziness, it deserves my praise.  I can't help but think of myself as that "soldier" he sings about in 'Come Closer.'  Soldiers sometimes have it rough, but they march on, come-what-may, with their heads held high.  Plus, if anybody can find anything in this fricked-up world to bring release, I say hang onto it.  
tameegee in sc

allchat

I can't get enough of Golden.  Just love everything about it. The slide guitar the chugging drums and of course Jim's fantastic vocals.[glb]TEXT[/glb]

brian meccia

By My Car could be the best song ever written.

PrazAngel

QuoteI love "The Way That He Sings," especially live.

I agree on this one! At least right now it's my favorite!

SouthernHarmony

Strangulation!

I'm still pretty new to the MMJ scene, but I haven't had a song grab me like it has in awhile!  

TheMollusk

hey tameegee, they got this thing out now called Larazepan..
for god sakes, it may not be their best song, but Lowdown is obviously the best live tune ( see bonarro ) and really don't commit suicide or anything

Drunkre

Pretty new to MMJ myself.  Just saw them in Atlanta, and all the songs were really good, but "Mahgeeta" was like a religious experience.  I found myself running around the venue like a madman bouncing off the walls.  Of course, "One Big Holiday" was totally badass too.  
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

wordawg

Let's be careful out there, people.
the future is Ginger

lyricjunkie

I'm a big fan of the boys and their music.  I'd never speak against anything I've heard them play or say about their work....
But please listen to Greggy!!!
Especially on that "Come Closer" one... That sucker can get you in a LOT of trouble! ;) :-/ :'( ??? ;)!!!!

Use with caution and at your own risk! ;)
Talk less....
Say more.

Tameegee

Quotehey tameegee, they got this thing out now called Larazepan..
for god sakes, it may not be their best song, but Lowdown is obviously the best live tune ( see bonarro ) and really don't commit suicide or anything
HA!  I could probably change my favorite MMJ song every day or so, cause they're all good.  Seeing them live in Nashville on Sunday stirred things up for me.  (This was my FIRST live show of theirs, BTW.)  One Big Holiday was spectacular!  "I Will Sing You Songs" is tops for me now after seeing them live, but, Gosh! There is no bad MMJ song.  Even the simple lyrics of 'Run Thru' made for a kick-ass jammer!  This band is wonderful.  No Larazepan needed ;)
tameegee in sc

thebear

its gotta be bermuda highway for me.
everytime i hear the chorus i get goosebumps.
don't let you silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall

MMJ_fanatic

Gee, after thinking long and hard I can only come up with a "tops" list:

The Bear
The way that he sings
Bermuda Highway
Dancefloors
Run Thru--awesome riff! 8)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

lyricjunkie

Come Closer
2nd...
Bermudah Highway
3rd...
Lowdown
Talk less....
Say more.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteLowdown

"Ain't no need for repeatin'
Aw lovedawg can't ya see
you only gotta dance with me?"

TheMollusk

fav. is totally aqua teen hunger force. that is a crazy show

MMJ_fanatic

I must admit lowdown is definitely on the high end of my list too!

lyricjunkie

Talk less....
Say more.

MMJ_fanatic

Also really loving the new tune, I think its called "How could I know?"  Very nice melody

lyricjunkie

agree with that, I do. :D
Talk less....
Say more.