Favorite MMJ Lyric???

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Jan 05, 2005, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

QuoteIt's 11:11 - make a wish...

Lisa Loeb, eh?  (I don't know her.)  Well there you go.

You should listen to more girls!  ;)

if you had to compare yourself to a popular female artist who would you say is the closest fit?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

if you had to compare yourself to a popular female artist who would you say is the closest fit?

Oh lord, I can't do that.  Oh that question just gave me a heart attack.  Are you asking me for girls that I would suggest you listen to?  I can do that!

Okay (whoop!)
-Gillian Welch (my favourite is Time (The Revelator), but she kicks serious ass with everything she does, so you can choose any of them)
-Neko Case (My favourite is Furnace Room Lullaby, but people really like Blacklisted, too [I haven't had a chance to sit and listen to the whole thing])
-Emmylou Harris (everything.  I bet if you found every record that Emmylou Harris is on, you could listen, non-stop, for a year.  My favourite is Pieces of the Sky, but Wrecking Ball and Red Dirt Girl, and even her newer one are all amazing.  And I love the way she sounds with Gram Parsons.)
-Kathleen Edwards (Canadian girl.  Very sexy.  I just noticed that there's a good picture of Jim on her photos page at www.kathleenedwards.com)
-Lucinda Williams (my favourite is Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, which Emmylou is also on, but I liked World Without Tears a lot, as well)
-Loretta Lynn (I really like her duets with Ernest Tubb.  
Honky Tonk Girl, You Aint Woman Enough, and  Fist City are probably my favourite songs from her.)
-Iris DeMent (I mostly know her stuff from duets, but In Spite of Ourselves with John Prine, and I'm Still in Love With You with Steve Earle are brilliant.  She has a crazy wicked voice.)
-The McGarrigle Sisters (Love Over and Over is a brilliant record.)

:)  

Jellyfish

Nice list there,EC...big fan of Gillian myself and I like Lisa Loeb's debut effort.."Tails",with Nine Stories.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

paula_j

Well unlike many of you I am new to alot of these songs so I cant say yet, but my fave song so far is By My Car I love that I'll kick his head in part. And then I love the lyric Does it shiver always deliver. That is so cool!!! Man I can't wait to see em live!!!! :-*

SMc55

Yeah, that's a good line. It's from Mahgeetah.

Welcome, Paula  :)

sweatboard

"A-B-C-D-E-I-A-M-O-K"  Fucking Awesome, Probably my favorite line to sing along to
There's Still Time.........