elizabethtown - first look at the boys on film

Started by matthew, Jun 23, 2005, 05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthew

http://www.elizabethtown.com/video/firstlook/InternetTrailer.mov

take a look-see.  we see the boys shaking hands with orlando bloom at the cemetary.  kind of surreal seeing them on film, especially with orlando bloom of all actors.

enjoy.

matthew

damn.  wrote that wayyyyyy too soon.  there's a bunch of shots of the boys - jim playing guitar, a live show (from behind the band), pat and jim at the funeral, then a sweet-ass extended shot at the show (with water pummeling down as the band rocks).

cheers.

corey

Wow. That's the longest "trailer" I've ever seen. I can't fucking wait. I love Cameron Crowe.

Is that a "free bird" flying through the room? Didn't we hear somewhere that they are playing that song in the movie?

corey

Also, I don't see if on the main page. How did you know it was there?

whothrewthecake

holy shit! some really good scenes that i liked a lot, but the jacket on the big screen........damn!

EC

hee hee hee.  Is Patrick playing keyboards?

It's so fun that I was just there, and now I'll have a point of reference when I watch the movie.  I love that.

aMillionDreams

wow. that looks great!  I wonder just how big Jim's part is.  I heard that Cameron Crowe made a special movie poster that says Elizabethtown starring JIM JAMES!! And it has Jim's picture real big on it.  I don't know if that poster will be released or if it's a one of a kind. Either way I think it's pretty cool that they are in a movie that's directed by such a great guy!  I can't wait to see it.  Didn't Cameron say that they were going to premiere it in Kentucky (either E-Town or da Ville)?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

sweatboard

I got emotional just watching the trailer.  That looks like a special movie.  Cameron Crowe is one cool motherfucker if I do say so myself.
There's Still Time.........

corey

Indeed. I need to get out my copy of "Almost Famous-The Bootleg Cut" or whatever it's called and watch it again. That's a damn fine movie.

Chills

Great trailer! Here's why

1) cool song, what was it (70's Elton John?)
2) MMJ are in it, they rock
3) Loudon Wainwright is in there, he's great
4) The nature is beautiful
5) Kirsten Dunst is beautiful
6) We indeed have a free bird
7) If it's half as enjoyable as Almost Famous I'd already  be happy
8) MMJ are like rappers now, expanding their bizz into the movie industry. They need a clothing line too  :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quote) Kirsten Dunst is beautiful

I second that.  Completely.

Also, the trailer is awesome.  Can't wait to hear the words "who is that band?!"
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

corey

corey

Here's a few shots from the trailer for those of you without broadband...

whothrewthecake

ok, guys, i have watched this like 8 times and sent it to all my friends and almost cried.

i gots to see this movie.

EC

It's all very exciting.  Maybe they'll wear their tuxedo shirts to the premiere.  ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

I foresee spandex pants.  PURPLE spandex pants, with orange leather jackets with fringe.  all wearing richard nixon masks.

and spacoli checkered Vans.  :D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

corey

I just google the lyrics. It's "My Father's Gun" by Elton John.

Chills

Thanks.
Loved "Tiny Dancer" in Almost Famous too

EC

QuoteI foresee spandex pants. ÊPURPLE spandex pants, with orange leather jackets with fringe. Êall wearing richard nixon masks.

and spacoli checkered Vans. Ê:D

I honestly don't know what I would do if I got to see that.  I think I would cheer my voice dry.  :)