Best songs to open and close a concert with

Started by sweatboard, Apr 05, 2005, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMc55

Yeah, fruit flies are very well studied little guys.

MickeyReds

Golden to open
one big holiday to close
As long as you keep a straight face...

Billo

To Begin
At dawn
One Big Holiday
It's About Twilight Now

To end
I will sing to you
I'll be with you when you die
Steam Engine

marktwain

Quote He also similarly opened the benefit concert for Guatemala at Bellarmine by playing a grand piano that was backstage and filling that hall without the aide of a microphone.

I was at that show!  so weird... seeing MMJ in a theater, w/ seats.

I missed the bass smash-up, and I have a hard time remembering old setlists, but I think you're right about twilight.

aMillionDreams

I was at that show!  so weird... seeing MMJ in a theater, w/ seats.

Imagine what's it's going to be like seeing them at the Palace!  Yet just another dreams come real!

Did you, or anyone else, go to the other show at Bellarmine that was part of Chris "K.C." Guetig's senior recital.  During Chris' recital he did a song on an African drum and Jim came out with a black cloak completely covering his body and sang along with the drumming.  It was very powerful.  Then after the recital Guetig went behind his drum set and they played a show.  I know for a fact that that show was videotaped but I've never seen that boot surface.  Does anyone out there have it. The date of the show was November 9, 2001.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

marktwain

No, I missed that one, but I would love to see the video.

corey

"Mahgeetah" made a damn good closer the other night in BHAM.

LesPaulDelux

My choices would have to be "Golden", "Just One Thing", or "Way That He Sings"....just as long as they stay away from the Kraftwerk drum machine.

sweatboard

For the record "Off The Record" was one hell of an opener in Birmingham.  I thought Jim was just fucking around playing the theme to Hawaii Five O and then he ripped into this amazing song. Also, "It's About Twilight Now" closed Athens, I don't think they've played this one in quite a while but I'm so glad they decided to bring it back.  Now if they would only resurect "Honest Man".
There's Still Time.........