Songs from "Z" thread.

Started by olwiggum, Jun 07, 2005, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

I can't get "Off the record" and "What a Wonderful Man" out of my head. Is anyone else running into this?

God damn, I can't wait to hear the album.

utonynashm

No I am not running into this, I haven't heard the songs yet...

This album better live up to my expectations...

marktwain

Yeah, those 2 are incredible!  Now I'm really jonesing to see mmj again.

darkglow

listen to don dante a few times and you'll be hooked.. this is absolutely one of the best emotional rollercoasters i've ever been on.. so many pictures run though my head when i listen to this song.. i would pay 200 bucks and swear on the holy road case not to copy it or let anyone else listen to it if i could get my paws on "Z" right now.

goddamn i sound like a smack addict.

sweatboard

Yeah, Don Dante is the epic song of the three.  The solo in the middle section is pure bliss.  It might not be the most catchy of the three but it's probably the most impresive.  Damn, this album is gonna be really, really, good.  In Athens the light guy was fantastic and he started doing some strobe shit during the solo in Don Dante and the guys standing beside me were freaking out.  They commented that they were hearing some pink floyd infuence in that song.  
There's Still Time.........

Oz

Somebody please tell me: what is "Z" and what and where are these songs? I've been searching this site, because I didn't want to look stupid for not knowing what all of you do seem to know (dammit, I should check this site more often), but hell, I admit, I couldn't find it. So tell me. Please.

:)
I'm ready when you are

marktwain

don't feel stupid, O.  There are so many threads to keep up with, what with all the recent activity...

Z is the name of the upcoming album.  I don't know how we know that.  You can hear some of the new songs if you download some of the recent shows.  You can get links to download them in the shows forum

neezy

the record better be damn good to make up for such a shitty album name!!!!

jim....what are thinking?!  

Z!?

Oz

Yeah, it's a pretty weird name, but I'm mostly confused about how you all know and where this was mentioned the first name. I mean, the "Why Z?"-thread also opens as if everybody knows already... What are you hiding from me?  ;) ;D
I'm ready when you are

SMc55

You're right, O, it just sort of appeared. I wonder if it's been mentioned at one of the shows. Maybe in an interview or something. I certainly haven't read it any where but on the forum. As to the name, I think it's unfortunate that Coldplay or somesuch band has just released an album called X and Y. Don't know how big they are elsewhere but they're massive here in the UK. The Jacket's Z is going to look derivative. Don't know if that matters to the band. Another thing that strikes me is that 'Z' sounds like the end of something. Makes me uncomfortable  :-/

aMillionDreams

I believe that Sweatboard informed us that the new album is called 'Z' so we'll have to find out what his source is when he gets out of Bonaroo.  I share some of these concerns with you all about the name.  I thought that naming an album after a letter was dumb when I heard the name of Coldplay's new album is "X and Y" and then we find out about "Z"?  I wouldn't be worried about it being the end of something, I think that Jim is commited to My Morning Jacket for life, even if the lineup changes from time to time. I believe he has said as much.  But, then again, it is only a record name.  What's is a name anyway, a kick-ass tune by any other name would rock just as hard. :D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

whothrewthecake

i think two tone mentions it in the college tower article posted on here, as well.

SMc55

Hadn't spotted that. Thanks  :)

Gripe

The real question, as I see it, is whether they will pronounce it "zee" or "zed". Being an American band, I suppose it'll be "zee". Sigh.

n.p. ZedZed Top - 'Rio Grande Mud'

whothrewthecake

QuoteHadn't spotted that. Thanks  :)

;)

lfish

O I feel the same pain.

Once in a while I try to visit the forum, but everything is changing so fast. It's so hard to keep up with everything written.

Don't you guys have a life !  ;)
lfish

JacketGal

goddamn i sound like a smack addict.

Heheheh  ;D  ;D

I guess I might be in the minority but I like the name Z, except for the appearance that it is a derivative of X & Y, good point there!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

sweatboard

Does anyone know why coldplay named thier album X and Y?
There's Still Time.........

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteDoes anyone know why coldplay named thier album X and Y?

perhaps after human chromosomes?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

lfish

Ok I guess it's time for the Kick ass as hell expression.

Those three new songs blew me just out of my socks.  This is great great stuff. I would even say more: this is GREAT!!!!  Listening to don dante right now.  The middle solo part is incredible.

It proves the guys still rule over rock'n roll world.

Keep on rocking!
lfish