Message to the fans who downloaded the new songs:

Started by the_twilight_kid, Jul 18, 2005, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

Hey. Jacketgirl posted an article about Wilco and here's what their fans did in that and this situation.
Since you are enjoying Z(kind of, it's not the full sonic assault it's going to be) a couple of months in advance.
I'm proposing the MMJ fans here who have downloaded it donate 10 bucks (the cheapest way you'd get it via itunes) each to the Jacket's favorite charity.
What do you think? Since I have downloaded (but since got rid of) where do I send my 10 bucks to? The Hunger Site perhaps? Or?

doEVILslittle

the band weezer did the same thing when their album leaked, the forum moderator was the one to take care of it. so i'd assume CC would take care of it here

JacketGal

Cool suggestion Twighlight~ :):) True music fans are so very awesome!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

chunt983

I'm going to pay for the album when it comes out, and go to any live shows that come my way, and probably buy at least one shirt...I think that's enough. Too poor to go out and donate to a charity. I don't see why people get to mad about early downloads, I have bought every album, full price, went to any show, buy up merch like it's going out of style. I think if the album is leaked, us die hard fans deserve to hear it early more than anyone does.  All the casual MMJ fans probably won't even be able to get their hands on it, or even know about the leak if it wasn't so openly discussed on these boards. I propose we get rid of those threads that openly scream "the album has leaked!!!" and maybe not so many people could get their hands on it.

tomEisenbraun

But still, not to be a dick, but you really don't "deserve" to hear it. They have it set for October 4th, and its not even full quality, which I'm sure they don't want people judging the new album on. The Christmas analogy still stands. You gotta wait for Santa Claus, baby.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

fitzcarraldo

Hi, never said I was mad. "Don't get mad, get glad." I was very happy to get it at first thanks to my main man but after hearing a few noises I knew didn't belong there and a few seconds of a certain song being cut off at the end I decided to delete it. It's all good, do what you want. I was just suggesting the donation based on what the Wilco fans did cuz I thought that was right on.

chunt983

ya, I definitely see where you two are coming from and I agree to a point. I wish the album never leaked, but it did, and I can't help my natural instinct of grabbing at it. I definitely don't want people judging this record on what the leaked version presents, because it is obvious that this is not the finished product.  I say, whoever has it, don't put it up for download, try to keep this under wraps, and to yourself if you have it. Giving this out to the masses would be wrong in my oppinion.  Also, for those of us that didn't get to see the jacket at 'the roo', or see any of the wilco dates, or even have access to downloading shows, this is our chance to take a look at the new songs.

Announce a Pittsburgh date Jim! and I'll piss on my copy right now.

tomEisenbraun

If you can download Z, you can sure as hell get your hands on new live material. Look no further than archive.org or bt.etree.org

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

tomEisenbraun

Hey John. Who's the sigh directed toward?

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteHey John. Who's the sigh directed toward?

it's not directed at anyone in particular.  just a sigh that this is what it's come to.  some of the logic just slays me-"it's there, so why shouldn't we" and "everyone else is doing it".  ballyhoo-heroin is "there" and "everyone else is doing it" but that doesn't make it right or correct or the best thing possible.

fuck it.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...