Main Menu

my $.02 on Z

Started by Danko71, Sep 09, 2005, 11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danko71

I think Z will appeal to people who like the Chocolate and Ice EP. Which is interesting because that was mainly a Jim-solo deal. You could make the argument that that's the direction things are going now, but I'm all for hearing where they're going. I personally think they'd get a great album just with Jim and the rhythm section, since Jim can play just about anything.
And after hearing it more, I'm pretty sure Jim takes most if not all of the lead guitar solos. I haven't heard Carl enough to discern his style, but I can definitely pick out Jim's. Thing is, it's not, as some have said, that he's 'developed'; but rather the fact that he's had these skills all along, and now he's putting them more to the forefront, since he depended on John to provide that muscle in the past. Again, not trying to diss Carl but I still don't have a feel for his original style yet.

PapaJoeBear

Thats an interesting take, Danko.  The only way I could see the comparison to Chocolate and Ice is that there alot of diffrent sounds on the new album.  And I kind of thought that the difference in sound on this one was more because of the 2 new guys in the band.  It just seems to me that they brought a bunch to the table as far of ideas.  And I don't think Jim takes all the solos, but I could be wrong there. Guess we will find that out on tour! ;D

PapaJoeBear