Note about the Z pre-order

Started by admin, Sep 20, 2005, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

Music Today has changed their shipping policy.  As some of you have noticed, this new policy has raised the overall shipping costs for pre-order cds.  If you have already ordered a cd, you will not be charged anything additional to what you already paid.  My Morning Jacket and their management are also hoping to have this policy reversed for the pre-sale of "Z".  Thank you for your patience and we certainly apologize for any inconvenience.

Nikkogino

It was still too much a while ago.  Why pay 12 bucks for the cd, plus shipping and handling (which was 7 and is now 14.50) just to get the cd on time?  Why not just buy the album from best buy (considering it will probably be $9.99)?

EC

QuoteIt was still too much a while ago.  Why pay 12 bucks for the cd, plus shipping and handling (which was 7 and is now 14.50) just to get the cd on time?  Why not just buy the album from best buy (considering it will probably be $9.99)?
Because when you buy it this way, you're more directly supporting the band.

Nikkogino

Because when you buy it this way, you're more directly supporting the band.

I know, and I am all for that.  But you have to agree that paying upwards of 18 to 26 dollars is ridiculous.  And most of us are going to have to buy the digital version as well for our mp3 players due to the copyright protection.

I'm not trying to be a jerk at all.  I love the band and I want to support them in any way, but my support is going to have to be a little less "direct."  Instead of spending a million on the pre-order, I will buy it normally and recommend the album to friends (which I have been doing already).

ratsprayer

buy it how you choose, otherwise this could be some other crazy right/wrong debate.  theyd get the most from sales at shows, then through the site here, indie rekkid stores and on and on.  at least get it from an indie shop, spend $2 or $3 more, and ill send you 'how could i know'.  fuck best buy!

Nikkogino

Quotebuy it how you choose, otherwise this could be some other crazy right/wrong debate.  theyd get the most from sales at shows, then through the site here, indie rekkid stores and on and on.  at least get it from an indie shop, spend $2 or $3 more, and ill send you 'how could i know'.  fuck best buy!

we don't have any indie stores where I live.  (Yet we have a Best Buy).  Go figure!

ratsprayer

we don't have any indie stores where I live.  (Yet we have a Best Buy).  Go figure!

hmmm....where is this mecca of captialism in which you live?

Nikkogino

Augusta, GA

We have an r&b indie store but that is it.

aMillionDreams

woah, no indie music store!  How do you overpay for CDs then?  Oh, yeah... the internet! ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Nikkogino

woah, no indie music store!  How do you overpay for CDs then?  Oh, yeah... the internet! ;)

what can i say??? Life is tough.

No...if I need an album, I pretty much have to go to best buy or circuit city.  I choose Best Buy because my mom has a "reward zone" account and if I use her account she gives me her gift certificates that she earns.

If I need a cd that is not in stores, I order it online.

Coltrane

Move. Move Immediately. Never return. Just hop on a train and get the hell out of there...now!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Nikkogino

QuoteMove. Move Immediately. Never return. Just hop on a train and get the hell out of there...now!

we don't have passenger trains here either.  I suppose I could become a hobo though.