Main Menu

This band

Started by icemanhh, Sep 19, 2005, 05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icemanhh

I have been a hardcore MMJ fan for over two years now. I caught on quite late. The first song i heard was Golden. It blew me away. I have every album, every single and every ep now. I can't wait for Z. I can not even begin to describe how this music makes me feel. The title track on At Dawn takes me away to a land like no other when i close my eyes i drift away. Thank you MMJ for making the music you do there is nothing else like it. However I don't know anyone else who feels the same way i do. This music seems to hit me perfectly like no other. MMJ have cancelled their UK shows which i had tickets for last year they also pulled out of the reading festival which i also had tickets for. COME BACK TO THE UK NOW!!!!
People always told me that bars are dark and lonely, and talk is always cheep and filled with air.

JacketGal

Welcome!! And that was very Nice sentiment icemanhh, right on. ;D I think there are plenty of folks around here who feel exactly like you do! You know others feel it too --when you see posts about parts of songs that blow your mind! :) (This band's music has a habit of taking you to another place...)

I hope you get your UK shows too!!  
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

loper

Iceman,

you've expressed my words exactly.

Are you a mind reader?

icemanhh

i just might be. This band makes me get carried away and once i start i can't stop until i put the cd back on.
People always told me that bars are dark and lonely, and talk is always cheep and filled with air.

SMc55

QuoteThank you MMJ for making the music you do there is nothing else like it. However I don't know anyone else who feels the same way i do.
Well you do now! Welcome icemanhh  :D

MMJ_fanatic

Well you do now!

Yeah about 1582 of them  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

Yeah about 1582 of them  ;)

That's a pretty exact number...what is it, the total number of people on the board?

SMc55

That's a pretty exact number...what is it, the total number of people on the board?

That's the fanatic's job. He counts us. He's pretty accurate.

(It tells you at the bottom right of the 'forum' page  ;))

primushead

That's the fanatic's job. He counts us. He's pretty accurate.

(It tells you at the bottom right of the 'forum' page  ;))

I never noticed that until now :-[

ratsprayer

I never noticed that until now :-[

drugged-up teet milk drinker!  

primushead

drugged-up teet milk drinker!  

That is truly the downfall of my existence.

Igottago

Hi guys, my first post...I feel exactly the same way 'bout MMJ, I've been listening to 'em for a couple of years now, and they just seem head and shoulders above anyone else right now. Can't wait for the new album.

EC

Welcome Igottago!!  That's a hilarious name.

Yeah, they're good, hey?  mmmm.

MMJ_fanatic

Yeah, they're good, hey?  mmmm.

EC isn't that supposed to be "eh"?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

EC isn't that supposed to be "eh"?

Just don't call her a "hoser"...eh?  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

heh.  I say 'eh', too.  But I like 'hey' better.  ;)

nkdgunner

as we all know, every now and then all it takes is the first few notes of a song to know that this music and band is made for me. well, that's exactly what happened  when the first few notes of Magetah blared on my stereo system. I think I  listened to IST from start to finish 5 times in a row. the next day went out to buy TF and AD, which are equally awesome albums in their own magical way.
My gf and I saw them at Bonnaroo '04( her 1st live experience)......b/w the cloudy skies, blowing wind, heavy downpour, and the most amazing set all weekend, she was going nuts with a smile on her face the entire time. I don't think she has hugged and thanked me that much since we have known one another......one more person who has fallen in love, right from the beginning, with this magic, aka, My Morning Jacket.
Basically, thank you to the guys for providing us with great music and smiles in a time when it is much needed.