Main Menu

Instruments?

Started by RobShu, Feb 16, 2006, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobShu

Can anybody tell me whether or not that was an actual Ovation ELECTRIC guitar the singer was playing on the Austin City Limits show? I have never seen an electric made by Ovation, and I was just curious.

primushead

I'm usually alright with pointing out guitars...but I don't know if Jim was playing an ovation last weekend.  Tom?  Field this one?

tomEisenbraun

I do believe it's a 12-String Fender Strat.

The reason it looks like an ovaiton is because they had to reshape the headstock to accomodate all 12 strings.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Clarkwork

Actually, I think it is an Ovation.  They have tried to make electric guitars in the past, but never took off.  Someone in a past post mentioned the type of ovation it was but I can't remember.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Joe_Kickass

It's definitely not a fender strat, the body is way too different.
It looks like a gibson of some sort.
Fuck the level!

Sleazy Rider

It's an Ovation, probably early 80's unless they started making them again. I used to have the same body style only six strings.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

Jaimoe

I have a vintage original Ovation electric semi hollow-body from the late 60's-early 70's. I was never aware that MMJ use Ovations.

tomEisenbraun

you are right indeed.

http://www.ovationguitars.com/index.cfm?fa=detail&mid=1021

except jim's i deep cherry/brown color...

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Rob Shumaker

Thanks everybody for your help. I never knew that Ovation made electrics, and now that I do I'm gonna have to find one somehow! You guys rock!

Clarkwork

It has an awesome sound to it.  I bet it would be hard to find.  Let me know if you find two  :)
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....