MyLifeISought

"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

tomEisenbraun

Dammit! Another month!

Oh well, it'll be a perfect way to start off my summer vacation from college.

Lookin forward to it.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Easy Morning Rebel

WOOHOO!!!
The only thing left now is a continue of the cancelled european tour, then i'm completely satisfied.  ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Dee.

Right around my d.o.b.  Happy birthday to me.  :)

SF_NC

Jim sat in with M. Ward last weekend?  Good to see he's feeling better.

dragonboy

QuoteRight around my d.o.b.  Happy birthday to me.  :)

Great news about the demos!
When's your B'day D?  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Dee.

May 10th.  They'll be a little late, but I'll take it.  :)

MMJ_fanatic

Another disc for the growing collection... :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

JacketGal

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

(I think I pre-ordered from Darla over a year ago, I guess I better check that out.... ;))
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Dee.

ChiefOKONO

YESSSS! i really hope its may. so much confusion over the release date of this thang!!!!

Oz

I heard they changed the name of this release to 'Chinese democracy'.

(I made this joke a year ago and nobody got it but I was really proud of it so I'm just gonna bore you some more of it. Sorry for that.)
I'm ready when you are

tomEisenbraun

And also that Buckethead did all of the guitar work on these, standing in for a former member. He left, though, before anything became of the band.

(i made that one a year ago, too, and nobody got it then, either)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

wellfleet

QuoteI heard they changed the name of this release to 'Chinese democracy'.

i happen to think this is quite funny... (you, too Tom!)

cduniverse says one release is in april then may then september, it's quite confusing... i'm sure that the second it drops we'll see it on the homepage so i'm not worried... i can wait. i hope the demos don't come out at the same time as the dvd and live cd, because that'll put a hurting on my bank account...

everything sucks. really.

goldengirl

Have you ordered a lot of stuff from cduniverse. I ordered At Dawn like a month ago, yes I am the only MMJ fan who did not have it, and it took forever to get it. Actually the first cd they sent me was a band called "Chicks on Speed". I wanted to open it and listen but I didn't want them to charge me if I didn't send it back. However, I need to add in that At Dawn is AMAZING!! I cannot believe I went without it for so long. Honest Man, The Way He Sings, At Dawn, Bermuda Highway, holy shit! That is really all I can say. I think one of the reasons I love this band so much is because there albums don't sound like the same one over and over. They are all unique and have a different sound to them. You can always hear that connection between them, the MMJ vein as they have said, but they all have a different feel. When I got that in the mail I played it over and over until I went out that night. That will not leave my cd player for a long time.  :)

Angry Ewok

Yea, this Dual-Demo release is starting to look like the Chinese Democracy, for sure. Hopefully, though, us MMJ fanatics get our demos before Axl releases Chinese Democracy to his fantasy audience.

Axl Rose sort of reminds me of Ol' Dirty Bastard, how he has changed his appearance (and gained so much weight) so drastically after falling off. Matter of fact, Axl Rose's current apparel would look better on a rapper than rocker.

Anyway - I've already got the At Dawn Demo, and it's 'alright', I guess... I wouldn't ever listen to it if it didn't have a pretty far out Easy Rider-esque version of Lowdown, and a damn nice cover of Lead Me Father. Phone Went West has some really cool effects with dialing and answering machine tidbits, too... It definately sounds like a rough demo tape, though.

Hey Goldengirl - glad to hear you liked At Dawn! If you haven't already picked up Sweatbees, that should be the next 'Must Buy' on your list, I think.

8)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

goldengirl

What or who is Sweatbees? Do you have Tennessee Fire? I need to purchase that as well. Does it have more of the demo sound to it like At Dawn does? More rough and uncut?

Angry Ewok

Sweatbees was a collective EP release, kind of the 'Best Hits of MMJ'... If you can find it, get the Australian version - it is superior to the US edition, because it has twice as many songs...

Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
O Is The One That Is Real
Come Closer
Sooner
Sweetheart
Can You See The Hard Helmet On My Head?
Death is the Easy Way
How Do You Know?

For some reason, I assumed you already had Tennessee Fire. Oops! The production is a tad more raw in TN Fire than At Dawn, and is largely acoustic, so it has a more home-made sound to it (but I like that). It may act as a really nice buffer to the soon-to-come Demo tapes...

If you like the transition from It Still Moves! to Z, then you'll probably like the transition from Tennessee Fire to At Dawn...

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

wellfleet

sweatbees combines some best of stuff from the EPs and all the songs from the split cd with songs:ohia.
to me, it's kind of a "rip off" inasmuch as anything by this band can be deemed as an extravagance.
i would splurge on heartbreakin' man, if you can find it, and definitely the chapter 1 and 2s.

and i sure hope the mythical demos turn out better than anything by GNR. i miss the nineties...
everything sucks. really.