MMJ covers your favorite RECORD.

Started by sweatboard, May 15, 2006, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

let's just have em pull their whole catalog, then, eh?

;)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

sweatboard

Funny you mention Beck--I would go for "Sea Change" from his catalog.  Additional votes for the Dead "American Beauty"!

Jim doing "Sea Change" live acoustic from start to finish would be something that I would pay a months pay for............cookout on my back deck, Jim James , acoustic guitar, playing "Sea Change", my friends, drinking wine = Priceless.  Good Call on that one!!!!
There's Still Time.........

Easy Morning Rebel

I think it would be cool to hear MMJ covering a song or an album by Bruce Springsteen. It doesn't matter which one of The Boss' album because all of them are good.

Oh, btw. It also would be cool to hear MMJ covering Wilco. Like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot or something.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

petemoss

EMR is on to something there. MMJ playing 'darkness on the edge of town' would be amazing.
But what i'd really love to hear is Jim singing the bob dylan song 'sad eyed lady of the lowlands', when he gets to the 'my warehouses, my arabian drums', that high part, i can feel the goosebumps just thinking about it.

simpy

i would like to here them do bob dylan's new morning or nashville skyline for completely selfish reasons. also the who's who's next (bo would rock that shit with all the synths) and i was also thinking that with thier recent dabbling in drum beats depeche modes violator might be very interesting.

marktwain

Don't know why I hadn't thought of this before : dylan's Desire!

BH

How about a Temple of the Dog song?  When's the last time you broke that gem out?  All 11 wonderful minutes of Reach Down?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

This album...

...followed by this...

...& then this.

& there's your 3hours at Bonnaroo right there  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

QuoteI think it would be cool to hear MMJ covering a song or an album by Bruce Springsteen. It doesn't matter which one of The Boss' album because all of them are good.

Jim playing Nebraska or GOTJ would be amazing.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ratsprayer

switching gears from dylan & springsteen, wot about..

metallica - master of puppets
skinny puppy - too dark park

October

i'd LOVE to hear what Jim could do with Astral Weeks

dragonboy

Quotei'd LOVE to hear what Jim could do with Astral Weeks

Yer that was my first choice. Man, that would be something else  :)

tomEisenbraun

How about the entire Creedence catalog?

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

fitzcarraldo

I'll also nominate Neil Young's "On The Beach".

Great thread, some really great choices here.

dragonboy

QuoteHow about the entire Creedence catalog?

To hear Jim sing "Doo, doo, doo, Looking out my back door!"
or growl "Better run through the jungle!"  ;D

ratsprayer

oh shit, tom waits' MULE VARIATIONS?  honestly, i don't think the jacket could touch it, but i do get excited thinking about them doing 'filipino box spring hog'

:D

cmasters

Quoteoh shit, tom waits' MULE VARIATIONS?  honestly, i don't think the jacket could touch it, but i do get excited thinking about them doing 'filipino box spring hog'

:D

yeah, I was just putting my two favorite records. Then I got to thinking how great they could make "Get Behind the Mule" and "Hold on." They could be beautiful in a whole different light. Maybe Closing Time would be a better Waits choice for the Louisville boys...

BH

This album...

;)

There is no way the devil does bong hits.  I'm just not buying it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.