MMJ covers your favorite RECORD.

Started by sweatboard, May 15, 2006, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Remember when they used to have that show on Mtv where bands would play thier favorite albums by other artists live?  Well, my question to you is....if you could hear MMJ either play or record any album of all time which would it be.

I've got two right now.

1. Neil Young - On The Beach

2. Dr. teeth and electic light..  - The Muppet Movie Soundtrack
There's Still Time.........

EC

James Brown - Sex Machine

You fucking KNOW it would be SO AWESOME.  Especially with the current selection of dance moves and hot backup vocals.  

Oh my god.  Now I really want this to happen.

rob

Not an album, but a song......America's A HORSE WITH NO NAME.....I can just hear Jim doing that with major reverb......I bet he loves America. America & Bread RULE!  ::) ;D
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

BH

Great topic!  My dream is a new years eve MMJ show with four full sets of each album and a Pink Floyd Meddle encore.  (I know it's a bit of a strech but a guy can dream can't he? Can you imagine a MMJ Fearless????????????
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

I'm still hoping that Jim's All Things Must Pass will surface one day + I'd love to hear Astral Weeks by Van The Man & Bryter Layter by Nick The Stick.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Clarkwork

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

midwesterner

QuoteRemember when they used to have that show on Mtv where bands would play thier favorite albums by other artists live?  Well, my question to you is....if you could hear MMJ either play or record any album of all time which would it be.

I've got two right now.

1. Neil Young - On The Beach

2. Dr. teeth and electic light..  - The Muppet Movie Soundtrack

I believe Dr. Teeth backing band were the Electric Mayhem not the electric light.

ali

i'd love to hear mmj cover the radiohead's the bends
love a song for the way it makes you feel

PapaJoeBear

My Morning Jacket playing The Transfiguration of Vincent.  With M. Ward opening,  playing The Tennesse Fire front to back.
 :o

Chills

dragonboy

QuoteEXILE ON MAIN STREET

Good call! Wouldn't mind hearing Sticky Fingers or Let It Bleed either...

marktwain

I believe Dr. Teeth backing band were the Electric Mayhem not the electric light.

Hey, man, "don't bring me down"  ;)

Dragonboy beat me to the punch, but I'll vote for 'Sticky Fingers' too.

primushead

It'd be great if they covered an entire David Bowie album.

Maybe Hunky Dory or Space Oddity

ratsprayer

beck - mutations

it's not my absolute favourite record at all, but i think the results would be very interesting.

EC

For some reason I just thought of Time (The Revelator).

I like when ladies and gents mix it up.

MMJ_fanatic

Quotebeck - mutations

Funny you mention Beck--I would go for "Sea Change" from his catalog.  Additional votes for the Dead "American Beauty"!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

tomEisenbraun

Physical Grafitti side 2...

"Ten Years Gone" - 'nuff said.

ain't that right, Tracy? ;)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ali

led zeppelin IV - particularly "when the levee breaks"....

THAT would be fairly mind-blowing...
love a song for the way it makes you feel