Main Menu

Guitar Rigs

Started by Pontiusrock.com, Jul 25, 2006, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pontiusrock.com

Can anyone tell me anything about MMJ's guitar rigs... mainly the amplifiers and OD boxes?

tomEisenbraun

Ah, somewhere where I come in useful...sort of.

Jim is running a Mesa Dual Rectifier head into a 2x12 Mesa cabinet. Carl uses the Lonestar (i think the 100-watter) into a 2x12 Mesa cabinet as well.

As for OD boxes, it really doesn't seem like they use em too awfully much. I haven't noticed too much of em anyways. Jim certainly has an MXR Phase90 at his feet though.

Someone on here who knows more about bass than I do can tell you what Tommy uses.

I'll go check out pictures and see what I can discover.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

QuoteAh, somewhere where I come in useful...sort of.

Hahaha, I love how you always sell yourself short and then belt out every detail on Jim's rig.

No matter what you say, Tom, you ARE and will forever be the reigning gearguy on this board.

All hail! 8)

MyLifeISought

tom= the man
i've been looking through all of my Bogart's photos, and realized i have a lot with you in them. (I was about three "rows" behind you)
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

ratsprayer

bogarts blows big fucking time, but man, was that a great show.  i was on the far right side of the stage, directly to the right of tracy and tom, if you were looking from the back.

MyLifeISought

Quotebogarts blows big fucking time, but man, was that a great show.  i was on the far right side of the stage, directly to the right of tracy and tom, if you were looking from the back.

Only show i've ever seen there with good sound.
ratsprayer--i think you're blocked out in my photos by someone's large head. I've got shots of when Jim went over to your side of the stage during "I Will Sing You Songs", tho  :)
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

tomEisenbraun

haha, my hair looks a the old "buttcrack" part in those. i don't think i was foolish enough to part it in the middle last year, but maybe that's where it began in back before it went to side further on up the head. whatever. either way, tracy's the curly headed guy to my right. you can see, but he's kinda short.

that show was SO worth the drive.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.