ratsprayer

QuoteI want Angel of Harlem so badly.

Like, now.

move to new york then, jackass.   ::)

primushead

move to new york then, jackass.   ::)

:D

Angry Ewok

Can we get an estimate as to how much MB we have here, worth of rare covers? I'm curious.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

aMD

Just got back in town and the wheels are back in motion.  I got the discs from Lowdog, thanks again George!  

I have a list I'm working with, I'm starting to compile the actual mp3s, looks like we're going to be at around 400mb with what we have so far (we could probably say 500MB to be safe), to answer your question, Ewok.  

Still no word from Ger but we can always go forward with this thang and add his tracks later.  These are the tracks that he has that I don't (that I'm aware of):
2000-01-29 Tuning guitars + White Rabbit
2000-04-15 Hot Legs
2000-04-15 Honesty (very short piece before Honest Man)
2000-04-15 Tequila Sunrise
2002-03-18 I'm On Fire

I'm still waiting on some clarification on which tracks we can actually offer up for download.  For now let me say that though I have been critical of mmj's management in the past, they have been very helpful and cool about us throwing this thing together. Thanks to them and the boys as always!

Also, we ought to start thinking about how we want to host this.  Any ideas?

tdan

My vote is for either the Archive or dimeadozen.  The obvious benefit with the Archive being that it would not be a limited offering.  I don't think that either have any stipulations against compilations because I believe that I downloaded the Mofro - Southern Fried Music Compliation from one of these.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

cmccubbin25

Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

corey

If archive.org allows compilations, I say go with that. It will always be there and it will expire on places like savefile. Same thing with torrents. If there are no seeders, then there is no way to get the files.

tdan

Dylan, it looks like the archive is out...

Files must be in lossless format (.flac or .shn), from lossless parent source material; we will optionally create the extra "lossy derivative" copies (.mp3, .ogg) onsite.

From following your earlier posts I believe I read that you were compiling MP3 files.

I checked dimeadozen and bt.etree.org and found the compilation I mentioned earlier listed on bt.etree.org.  That may be the way to go.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

BH

I would say that the people who want it badly enough will get it in the first couple of weeks anyway even if it does expire.  A permanant home would be better of course but not necessary.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

it'd be nice to host it on a webpage somewhere, but at 500MB, it may be hard to do so without acruing too much of a cost. hmmm.... this is a thinker. ???

aMD

so here's where we stand as of now.  I have all of the covers in my collection converted to mp3 and in one place.  Except for the two tracks from the planetarium, I hope to get in contact with Brad about those or I'll splice them myself in a few days with a little help from whoever knows how to splice mp3s.  Also, haven't heard from Ger but we'll just go ahead with this and add the tracks he's holding onto later (hopefully).  It's only 5 tracks, but I'd love to have them.

I also have a complete list of covers including the songs that will be available for download and those not.  I will post the list (probably) tomorrow once I finalize a few things.  

Word has come from above that I can offer up live audience recordings as well as rarities that didn't make it on the Early Recordings CDs (good news).  I will list the songs from ER and label them as officially released.

BH

you rock my world dude.  seriously.  i am salivating at the thought.  i already have about 15-20 of these spread around but this will be something special.  that's very cool that the band is cool with mother and things like that.  mother should be in the hands of every mmj fan!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

Quoteso here's where we stand as of now.  I have all of the covers in my collection converted to mp3 and in one place.  Except for the two tracks from the planetarium, I hope to get in contact with Brad about those or I'll splice them myself in a few days with a little help from whoever knows how to splice mp3s.  Also, haven't heard from Ger but we'll just go ahead with this and add the tracks he's holding onto later (hopefully).  It's only 5 tracks, but I'd love to have them.

I also have a complete list of covers including the songs that will be available for download and those not.  I will post the list (probably) tomorrow once I finalize a few things.  

Word has come from above that I can offer up live audience recordings as well as rarities that didn't make it on the Early Recordings CDs (good news).  I will list the songs from ER and label them as officially released.
Cheers MD, excellent work!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

Okay, a lot has happened to our covers comp project in the past couple of days.  First of all, You're a Big Girl Now has surfaced!  I figured out how to splice so all the tracks are ready to go with the exception of Ger's tracks and a couple others I may be able to get to the surface.  Also, I finished the list.  Please note the addition of some covers previously not known to have existed including the rumored, yet-unreleased George Harrsion album.  

Here is the track list for the George Harrison album:
(1) behind that locked door
(2) long, long, long
(3) if not for you
(4) love you to
(5) my sweet lord
(6) let it roll
(7) all things pass

The following list is songs not previously listed as covers done by mmj:
3 speed- by the eels
stir it up-bob marley
spooky-classics 4
all the best- john prine
i'll be your baby tonite- Dylan

Here is the complete list of covers including indications of what tracks will be available for download etc:
- = in circulation and available on compilation
* = officially released, not on compilation
@= not in circulation, not on compilation (some of these were recorded, some were not)

-3 Speed (Eels)
-All the Best (Prine)
@All Things Must Pass (George Harrison)(live)
@All Things Must Pass (from the unreleased George Harrison album)
-Always on My Mind (with M Ward and Mike Mogis, Ridglea Theatre, Fort Worth, TX, Oct 8, 2004)
@Angel Of Harlem
-Attitude (06-16-06 Bonaroo)
-Be Here to Love Me (Townes Van Zant cover)  
-Behind that Locked Door (George Harrison)
-Billy #4 (with M Ward and Mike Mogis, Ridglea Theatre, Fort Worth, TX, Oct 8, 2004)
-Black Sabbath (10-09-02)
-Blue Moon
-Blue Moon of Kentucky
@Dance The Night Away
-Dark End of the Street (Penn/Oldham) - July 10, 2004
-Don't Fear the Reaper (Wilco w/ Jim on guitar, rest of mmj on cowbell) (06-30-05)
@Don't Stop Believin'
-Dream a Little Dream of Me (Jim Solo, WFPK broadcast)  
*Dream a Little Dream of Me (studio version) (Early Recordings)
-Easy  (04-16-00)
@The End  
-Every Rose has its Thorn (partial) - (Poison) (3/24/02)
@Every Rose has its Thorn (full song)
-Everybody's Talkin  
-Fairies Wear Boots (12-15-00)
@Freaks Of The Industry
-Girl from the North Country (Dylan) with M Ward and Bright Eyes with M Ward and Mike Mogis, Ridglea Theatre, Fort Worth, TX, Oct 8, 2004
@Glycerine
@Good Til Now
-Head Held High (06-16-06 Bonaroo)
@Honesty (very short piece)
-Hot Burrito #1 (Jim solo, KRCW live 07-08-04)
@Hot Legs
-How the Gods Kill (Danzig)  (The Nick, Birmingham AL, Sept 4, 2002)
-I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
-I Still Miss Someone (Cash) (09-12-03)
@If Not For You (from the unreleased George Harrison album)
@I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
@I'm On Fire
-It Makes No Difference (05-20-06, w. Eddie Vedder)
-It Makes No Difference (06-16-06 Bonaroo)
@It Makes No Difference (Studio, unreleased)
@Jeremy
@Jump
-Labamba (partial) (Valens) (10/17/03)
*Lead Me Father (At Dawn Demos)
@ Let It Roll (from the unreleased George Harrison album)
@Long, Long, Long (from the unreleased George Harrison album)
@Love You To (from the unreleased George Harrison album)
-Loving Cup (06-16-06 Bonaroo)
-Make it With You (Bread) – (Roxy Theatre, Atlanta, Oct 6, 05)
-Man in Me (acoustic from Live Lunch) (06-18-04)
-Man in Me (full band) (06-18-04)
@Miss You
-Mother
@My Morphine
@My Sweet Lord (from the unreleased George Harrison album)
-Never Tear Us Apart (INXS cover, Jim solo '02)  
-New Morning (MMJ Does Xmas Fiasco)
-Northern Sky (2005-10-10)
-O Holy Night (12-21-01)  
-Older guys (06-16-06 Bonaroo)
-Peaceful Easy Feeling (1/23/02)
@Principal's Office
@Race For The Prize
-A Quick One (06-16-06 Bonaroo)
-Ring of Fire (Cash) (09-12-03)
*Rocket Man (studio) (Early Recordings)
-Rocket Man (live, Jim acoustic) (01-26-00 VPRO Radio)
-Rocket Man (live, full band) (09-08-01)
*The Same in Any Language (Elizabethtown Soundtrack)
-Santa Claus is Back in Town (live)
*Santa Claus is Back in Town (MMJ Does Xmas Fiasco)
-Silent Night
*Sleepwalk (intro to Old Sept Blues (ga-ed out version)) (Early Recordings)
-Spanish Pipedream  (partial) - (John Prine) - The Earl, Atlanta, 3/21/02
@Spooky (Classics 4)
-Still Feeling Blue (July 10, 2004)
@Stir It Up (Marley)
-Suspicious Minds (Elvis, Jim solo '01)  
*Take My Breath Away (Early Recordings)
@Tequila Sunrise
-That's Alright  
-This Magic Moment (06-03-05)
-Time of the Season (Zombies cover) (09-27-03)
-Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You  
@Touch Too Much
-Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake AM (Fela Kuti) (intro and outro parts of dondante) (06-16-06 Bonaroo)
*Tyrone (Early Recordings)
-Tyrone (full band)
-Tyrone (Jim Solo)
-Up on Cripple Creek > Blue Moon of Kentucky 12-15-00)  
-Wear Your Love Like Heaven (from Donavan Tribute album)
*West End Girls (Early Recordings)
@White Rabbit (Live)
*White Rabbit (Early Recordings)
*Why Don't You Love Me? (Early Recordings)
@Why Don't We Do It In The Road
-Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (partial song, intro to The Bear, 09-08-01)
-You're a Big Girl Now (09-29-05)

Ger's gems(songs that Ger Potze has and I do not yet):
2000-01-29 Tuning guitars + White Rabbit
2000-04-15 Hot Legs
2000-04-15 Honesty (very short piece before Honest Man)
2000-04-15 Tequila Sunrise
2002-03-18 I'm On Fire

corey

I'm sorry. Did I read that correctly? You got the George Harrison album? Really?

(If so, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!)

aMD

I can confirm its existence. :)

corey

Is this also a "source wishes to remain anonymous" thing? :)

dragonboy

Fucking wow aMD, the George Harrison album? I thought that was just a myth  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

QuoteIs this also a "source wishes to remain anonymous" thing? :)

yep.

It won't be available for download but a working version of an album of Harrison covers DOES exist and this is the first time a track list has been documented.

dragonboy

What a list...wow, just wow!
One can only hope that the reason you're not allowed to put the George Harrison album up is because they plan to release it one day? Shit I hope so...