Main Menu

Rain Song

Started by jeffro79, Oct 06, 2006, 08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffro79

I was listening to Led Zeppelins "Houses of The Holy" today for the first time in ages. I forgot what a beautiful song the Rain Song is. MMJ need to cover it, JJ voice and that song are made for each other. That is all.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

Loaded_Question

Good call Jeffro79, The Rain Song is excellent and Zep is legendary. If you want a little taste of The Rain Song by the Jacket, listen to the live take of "Old September Blues" off the Heartbreakin' Man EP. Around 1:50 (when the intro part ends), the guitar part sounds similar to The Rain Song, just for a bit. An  MMJ version would be incredible.  

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

I think they should cover  Down By THe Seaside from Physical Grafitti as well.  Carl could rip the pedal steel guitar and jim could play the vibrato guitar and sing the shit out of that.  It would be beautiful.
I will be there when you die!

jeffro79

I love Down By The Seaside. I think that is a very over looked Zeppelin song.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

jocelyn

Rain Song is my all time fave Led Zep song.  It doesn't kick as hard as some of their others, but it's gorgeous and takes me back to another time.  

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI think they should cover  Down By THe Seaside from Physical Grafitti as well.  Carl could rip the pedal steel guitar and jim could play the vibrato guitar and sing the shit out of that.  It would be beautiful.

Holyyyy Crap!  I can just hear Jims pipes ripping through the Ahhhhhhhh Ahh Ahh Ahhhhhs in that track--beauy!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

tomEisenbraun

can you still do the twist?
do you find that you remember things that well?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.