Misheard Jacket lyrics?

Started by JacketGirl, Oct 12, 2006, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Quote from: Jon T. on Nov 22, 2011, 12:24 PM
Quote from: EasyRyder on Nov 22, 2011, 12:18 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Nov 22, 2011, 11:18 AM
Quote from: meetinthehollows on Nov 23, 2006, 03:07 AM
What about the backing vocals in the bridge/build-up of Steam Engine?  I'm hearing  "We got 'em, we got 'em"

Anyone help me out?

Kenny Rogers, Kenny Rogers

;D

this has always eluded me too...I'm happy that Kenny is getting the shout out he deserves

I thought it was Kenny Loggins?   ???

I can get behind Kenny Loggins.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

vespachick

Quote from: vespachick on Feb 17, 2007, 10:35 PM
My favorit ethereal vocal is the end of Steam Engine when the voices are chanting "Kenny Loggins".

~Signed
Kevin Bacon

Agreed.  ;)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Race of Robots

"Sometimes, I wonder why I meet GaGa on the plane. Maybe I'm to blame for this short, bitter, fucked-up life." Though I know the actual words, since lady gaga has become something, I heard this once, and now, this is what I hear every time.

From What a Wonderful Man, I've always heard, "a beast and succubus(sp?)"

blucas

In that song "highly suspicious", I could swear they say "peanut butter pudding' surprise" over and over...oh wait...they do.  ???  JK, I love
it live and hope they play it on Dec 1!!  ;D

In "by my car" I always do a double take when I hear the line "I'll kick his head in".  That is also the correct lyric, but Yim doesn't write too many randomly violent lyrics like that.   Does anybody know the story behind the song?
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

woodnymph

Does it count if I misread the Misheard Jacket thread and thought it said "Michael Jackson lyrics"?!?   :P
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 06, 2011, 04:22 PM
Does it count if I misread the Misheard Jacket thread and thought it said "Michael Jackson lyrics"?!?   :P

Hahaha, yes it does! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

youreveningcoat

Until i knew the lyrics to Jacket songs and got used to jims voice all his songs sounded like mush
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

rmpotsy

Quote from: blucas on Nov 28, 2011, 09:02 PM
In "by my car" I always do a double take when I hear the line "I'll kick his head in".  That is also the correct lyric, but Yim doesn't write too many randomly violent lyrics like that.   Does anybody know the story behind the song?

but thats when my knife rises, 
their life ends and my life starts UH-Gaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn

and i can really get behind kenny loggins.  singer of this is it, the 1980 national championship celebration song.  GO CARDS!!!!
out go the lights it begins