The Little Things I love about Okonokos(dvd)

Started by Nikkogino, Nov 02, 2006, 07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

the way they make the light shine up from underneath the drum set. and all of the lighting for that matter.

(can anyone tell I'm drunk and sitting at home on a Friday melting to OKONOKOS!)*

*I think OKONOKOS! should always have an exclamation point now.   MMJ Law? ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Second the motion..............and YES!!!!!!! ;D  
There's Still Time.........

BH

oh wow, you beat me to it, i just noticed!  I thought somebody would catch on to me after 3 songs and you got it in two!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Willard1979

Those are some great moments!   My latest thing to do when I get home from work is crank up OKONOKOS! and throw back a few cold ones.  I tell ya, there's just nothing better!  ;D

Willard1979

Haha I just now noticed the beachball at the beginning of It Beats 4 U!   ;D

Tore

A funny moment...

Just saw this. During the last part of Off The Record, just before the outro, when Jims is about to do some jamming and soloing. He looses his pick. And somehow still tries to keep it going until he's able to get another pick from his mic. Looks quite clumsy. Don't think is too familiar with playing solos without his pick.....  ;D

Mr. T.

Jim pointing at the guitar tech guy, right before his solo in Lay Low.

Star Quality  8)

Edit: Oh yeah, I love the man with the shiney hat in the audience
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

Mr. T.

On the Acoustic Chorale DVD, after at dawn, right before 'Sooner' there comes a roadie on stage, dressed in a rabbit suit. Do you see him?

Word!
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

JamJimes

I did not read the whole thread so this may be a repost but how about Jim stroking the mic stand during I Will Sing You Songs. You chicas had to be excited.

Willard1979

When A.Man High-Fives the guy next to him at the beginning of Xmas Curtain.  It totally captures the awesome vibe of this concert!  ;D

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWhen A.Man High-Fives the guy next to him at the beginning of Xmas Curtain.  It totally captures the awesome vibe of this concert!  ;D
Yeah but thats the staged part just to fill you in. The Mustached man isn't at the concert, you can see Jim standing behind him sometimes viewing his own show.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Angry Ewok

I saw some guys high-five for X-Mas Curtain at the Ryman... so even if it is staged on Okonokos, if anything it's a reenactment, I guess.

;D
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Willard1979

Yeah but thats the staged part just to fill you in. The Mustached man isn't at the concert, you can see Jim standing behind him sometimes viewing his own show.

Even though its staged, it fits in really well!

Willard1979

This is a give-in, but everytime I watch it, I'm blown away, like I'm seeing it for the first time!!  Not many live recordings do that to me.  That's just one of many things that make this band so special!  ;)