New song on Eliazabethtown 2 sdtk

Started by wheelhousetunes, Jan 31, 2006, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelhousetunes

Same In Any Language - My Morning Jacket

Releases on February 7th.

Does anyone know if this and "Where to Begin" from the first soundtrack can just be purchased via download somewhere?

Peace,
JP

cmccubbin25

Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

dragonboy

Same In Any Language by Ruckus. 30sec sample here:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Aakjgtq9zcu43
Sounds beautiful so no surprises there.

Shouldn't this be on the news page for fans who don't read the forum?  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Dee.

What's up with iTunes making you buy the whole album?

I don't want the whole album.   :-/

sweatboard

QuoteWhat's up with iTunes making you buy the whole album?

I don't want the whole album.   :-/

what is the track list on it?
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

Bought the album 2day.
The track is written by CC & Nancy Wilson & is produced by Jim. Rukus is Jim, TTT, Patrick, Carl & Paul Schneider?
Lovely tune with some beautiful guitar work but you can tell the lyrics aren't Jim's; the chorus is a little bit, dare I say...(4 lack of a better word) twee?
No doubt that was what CC & NW wanted & it fitted it's spot in the movie perfectly.
Like I said, lovely tune  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Quotewhat is the track list on it?

1.Learning To Fly - Tom Petty
2.English Girls Approximately - Ryan Adams
3.Jesus Was A Crossmaker - Rachael Yamagata
4.Funky Nassau Pt.1 - The Beginning Of The End
5.Loro Pinback
6.Moon River - Patty Griffin
7.Summer Long - Kathleen Edwards
8.Passing By - Ulrich Schnauss
9.You Can't Hurry Love - The Concretes
10.River Road - Nancy Wilson
11.Same In Any Language - Ruckus
12.What Are They Doing In Heaven Today - Washington Phillips
13.Words - Ryan Adams
14.Big Love - Lindsey Buckingham
15.I Can't Get Next To You - The Temptations

dragonboy

Does nobody else have this track?
Am I the only "real fan" that bought it as soon as it came out?  ;)

SmoothOprtr

I read somewhere that the whole film was based loosely off of "I Will Be Here When You Die" but he couldnt' find anywhere in the film where it fit... I bought the first soundtrack, but haven't got the second one...
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

cmccubbin25

QuoteI read somewhere that the whole film was based loosely off of "I Will Be Here When You Die" but he couldnt' find anywhere in the film where it fit... I bought the first soundtrack, but haven't got the second one...

are you serious?
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

thebigbang

QuoteI read somewhere that the whole film was based loosely off of "I Will Be Here When You Die" but he couldnt' find anywhere in the film where it fit... I bought the first soundtrack, but haven't got the second one...

I read an interview of Cameron Crowe where he said that he absolutely had to use "I Will Be There When You Die" in a movie someday but couldn't find a place for it in Etown.  He also has said many times that the movie was inspired by his father, who died while visiting relatives in Kentucky, just as happened to Orlando Bloom's character in the movie.

Unfortunately, if Cameron keeps laying box office bombs like Etown, he may run out of opportunities to make soundtracks, er, I mean movies.

Maybe someone else will beat him to the punch on I Will Be There.  The MMJ catalog is chock full of soundtrack gold if HOLLYWOOD would only take notice.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteI read an interview of Cameron Crowe where he said that he absolutely had to use "I Will Be There When You Die" in a movie someday but couldn't find a place for it in Etown

WTF?!  Couldn't find a place?  The entire movie is chock full of soundtrack, and he "couldn't find a place?!"  That's just insane.   :o

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Angry Ewok

I like this track, you guys should definately get a hold of it, or at least sample it... It's nowhere near as good as Where to Begin, but it's definately a sweet song.

8)

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Lavs

Is "Where to begin" off of one of their albums because I can't find it. Was it just for the movie?

Angry Ewok

Where to Begin is on the first Elizabethtown Soundtrack.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

CTdeadhead

FYI there is a Free Cameron Crowe Elizabethtown Podcast available on iTunes where he discusses the movie and the music at length and speaks of MMJ quite a bit.  Check it out its really interesting.  Just search Cameron Crowe on iTunes.  

dragonboy

Speaking of said movie, anyone ever hear anything about a special edition?
I (finally) saw it a few months ago & loved it. I want to buy it on DVD but am hoping that a SpEd will come out with the Jacket's deleted scenes...

Oh Oh Yeah!

CC

QuoteSpeaking of said movie, anyone ever hear anything about a special edition?
I (finally) saw it a few months ago & loved it. I want to buy it on DVD but am hoping that a SpEd will come out with the Jacket's deleted scenes...

Oh Oh Yeah!

I doubt there will be a new edition, Paramount is never really into that unless the movie is a huge success. They call every release a Special Collector's Edition, even if it only holds a trailer. Just get the current one.

dragonboy

Yeah I figured the same, too late for a SpEd, the movie didn't do well enough to justify one etc etc...shame!
Cheers for ya thoughts CC  :)