MMJ in the new Elizabethtown Movie

Started by thebigbang, Aug 23, 2004, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGVICLBI

anyone who questions the greatness of free bird is committing the highest form of sacrilege(goddam it i know i spelled that wrong). sure its played out, but how many people can honestly say they haven't played air guitar to the extended version until they were slightly out of breath? i mean seriously, besides the star spangled banner and white christmas it is the most american song out there. everybody knows it no matter where you come from.

sweatboard

I've got one word.................WORD!
There's Still Time.........

EC

I can't think of how it sounds in my head...

I'm sure I know it.

I've got it in my tab book that a friend gave me years ago when I was learning guitar.  Maybe I should try and learn it.

thebigbang

Hey that's encouraging, but the site took forever to load  on my 28.8 at home. Here is Cameron's note for the movie, featuring the last line from Steam Engine in case anyone else was having trouble with that site.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

antoniostrohs

I have a "funny" story that relates to "Freebird".  One of my friends has this theory that "Night Moves" by Bob Seger should be the next song that is generically screamed-out at concerts.  At first, he did this out of disgust of Bob Seger, but now the song has sorta grown on him--and me as well.  Right now, I would place "Night Moves" as my second favor Epic song--behind "Tiny Dancer."
   Anyways, last week we were at a VHS or Beta show in Lexington and he screamed out "Play Night Moves".  Craig, the band, then asked, "Did somebody say Night Moves?  We will never, ever play that song!"  And then, when they came back on for the encore, Craig announced that the band was going to start out by playing "Night Moves".  It probably wasn't that funny to everyone else--but it sure as hell made the drunken' idiot I am burst out laughing and fall to the floor.  And while they didn't end up playing the song, they promised that if we bring the song to Main Street on a night they are DJing--"Night Moves" will be played.  

I think this is also how "Free Bird" became the cult phenomenon.

sweatboard

I'm going to see them next week here in Knoxville, I'll be sure to put one in for Night Moves. ;)
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

I really dig that that note is on the leading page for Crowe's site, should be a curiosity raiser for fans of his that have yet to experience the zen that is MMJ
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

Has anyone tried to watch the (what I assume are) trailers/teasers?  My computer won't load them...  (Or, at least, it didn't earlier in the day...)

Sal Paradise

The trailers don't seem to work anymore. It wasn't really a trailer, just some behind the scenes stuff.
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

marktwain

jon andrews

Quote"If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me..."
and so forth.

If you ask me (which no one has), I would much rather hear Simple Man.

I heard that Neil and the Skynyrd boys were actually friendly, and that wrote "Southern Man" hoping he could convince Skynyrd to record it.

no, supposedly, Neil was to record Powderfinger with Ronnie Van Zandt, before he died. And sweet home alabama was supposedly one of Neils favorite songs.

listen to Drive By Truckers "Southern Rock Opera" and read the liner notes. inneresting stuff.

thebigbang

Just five months till the release, if the July 29 date holds true.

To whet your appetites, I've found a couple of nice web bits about the movie. I'm not sure how many weeks or months before a movie release they start cranking up the PR machine, but trailers and interviews cannot be too far off:

http://romanticmovies.about.com/od/elizabethtown/a/elizabeth110704.htm

http://romanticmovies.about.com/od/elizabethtown/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040727a.php

http://cameron-crowe.entertainment-news.org/

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

primushead

I'm sure it's just irony at its finest.

Sal Paradise

Look at all these sharp-dressed moviestars! 8)

The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

EC

Oh god.  That makes my heart warm this morning.  :)

Yay!

Chills

:o This is hilarious! Gotta love the suits...
Some cool sunglasses on Jim too, hope he has some lines in the film, that would be worth watching.

EC

(hey chills, where is your signature quote from?)

CC

sharp dressers indeed ;D
is that cave hill? looks like it.

btw, just read the new release date is oct.14th.

Chills

That's from the Wilco tune 'Summer Teeth'. I've been listening to that album quite a lot lately, some fantastic lyrics shattered all around it...

But I'll change it into something more 'positive' soon  8)

Summer Teeth

Like a cloud his fingers explode
On the typewriter ribbon, the shadow grows
His heart's in a bowl behind the bank

And every evening when he get home
To make his supper and eat it alone
His black shirt cries while his shoes get cold

It's just a dream he keeps having
And it doesn't seem to mean anything
And it doesn't seem to mean anything

One summer, a suicide
Another autumn, a traveler's guide