MMJ in the new Elizabethtown Movie

Started by thebigbang, Aug 23, 2004, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Wow.  Thanks for sharing that.  :)

corey

Thanks for sharing the photos. They look like they're having fun.

(I got a DVD of Wilco on HBO's Reverb the other day. Good stuff)

Was that in Cave Hill Cemetery?  Hopefully they show Colonel Sanders Headstone.  I wonder if that is where they play "Free Bird"?  

MMJ_fanatic

great pics Sal!  where'd ya find em?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

thebigbang

Sal, Those are fantastic photos.  Almost missed 'em with the board heating up and the NCAA thingy going on.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

Sal Paradise

QuoteWas that in Cave Hill Cemetery?  Hopefully they show Colonel Sanders Headstone.  I wonder if that is where they play "Free Bird"?  

Yep. That is correct.
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

Sal Paradise

Any truth to Two Tone and Kirsten hooking up?

Not true, she loves me and only me.
And cobwebs.

The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

plastickbear

Mar 29th, 2005, 5:11pm, thebigbang wrote:

No Way? Really?  Where'd you hear that?

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

thebigbang

QuoteMar 29th, 2005, 5:11pm, thebigbang wrote:

No Way? Really?  Where'd you hear that?

Wow, I really don't take celebrity gossip too seriously. That was just a joke comment, which I thought might be obvious, but obviously was not.

I've heard no rumors and have no facts. Which should make me an authority.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

Oz

Just have to love Tommy's specs. :)
I'm ready when you are

two tone already dates one of the coolest people on the planet...he doesn't need any dunst

thebigbang

McGuire

Cameron Crowe interview:

http://www.mtv.com/shared/movies/interviews/c/crowe_cameron_qa_050624/

He mentions a new My Morning Jacket song that will be in the movie called "Where To Begin"
All right, all right I'll ask her. Miss, miss! Do you know where the high school girls hang out around here? What? What? That's right, I'm the asshole! I'm the asshole!

corey

Nice!
It's not listed as being on "Z".
So there's 11 new songs that we'll have for sure, plus whatever they release as B-sides!

yieldgirl

I saw the them in the clip yesterday.  I can't wait for this movie to come out.

Anyone notice the Pearl Jam posters  :)
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

McGuire

From the 'Heart' website:

the last photo is outside of a screening that Cameron and Jim did of Elisabethtown(only about 20 minutes of the film)  for a few people from CIMS)  pictured left to right are... Don Van Cleave(CIMS) Jill Wheeler(CIMS) Scott Register(CIMS)Jim James (My Morning Jacket)Andrea Paschal(CIMS)Melanie Nipper(CIMS) Jim Fahy(CIMS) Cameron, Nancy.- This was a photo from the presentation Cameron and Jim did for the group @ the Northwest Film Forum for his new movie Elizabethtown.

Jim James in the back with curly hair and beard, had just done an awesome solo acoustic set in the theater after the screening. He is the lead singer of the Kentucky based band My Morning Jacket who's songs show up in the movie. Jim and some of his band mates are also members of the fictitious Etown rock band RUCKUS who play a small part in the movie as well...a very funny small part.

All right, all right I'll ask her. Miss, miss! Do you know where the high school girls hang out around here? What? What? That's right, I'm the asshole! I'm the asshole!

thebigbang

They're screening the movie these days and I've linked two reviews below.  Freebird does appear to be the MMJ performance.

After reading the reviews and having watched the internet preview with the Elton John song and the new trailer with the Tom Petty song, I have to say I am lowering my expectations for this film.

The internet preview featured MMJ in several scenes which was great, but if you pay attention to the movie plot and scenes revealed in the rest of it and the teaser, Elizabethtown may not be as entertaining as it seemed on paper.  Keeping my fingers crossed, but I get the feeling that the MMJ bit may be the only part that thrills me, along with any MMJ music that makes the soundtrack.

Movie Reviews:
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=20623

Links to the two trailers and discussion:
http://www.cinematical.com/2005/06/28/real-elizabethtown-trailer-online/

October

i went to see war of the worlds with my parents last night and we saw the trailer for Elizabethtown.  So i lean over and tell my dad that my favorite band is gonna be in the movie and stuff and he goes, "weird, i got the first speeding ticket of my life in Elizabethtown, KY."

realdeal

yeah, the movie looks like crap to me. but im still going to see it for the freebird cover and the funeral scene and because some of it was shot is lewisville.