NOT TO BE NEGATIVE

Started by DaFunkyPrecedent, May 17, 2007, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaFunkyPrecedent

but are there any MMJ songs that just dont do it for you.  
I only have one: It Smashes Down.  I know a lot of people will disagree...but i just cant get into it.  

Any songs for anyone else that they just cant "feel"?
God damn those shaky knees.

mjkoehler

The only one that I can think of is "Its Been a Great 3 or 4 Years" on Chocolate & Ice. I think that is the only song of theirs that I skip everytime it pops in on the Ipod.

realdeal

megisnotreal

i mean really, they all suck. ;D

ManNamedTruth

QuoteHalf of Z.
I find it hard to believe that anyone who posts here would think Z is anything less than a masterpiece. To each his own I guess.

I'm not crazy about Butch Cassidy.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMD

i'm not the biggest fan of Somebody Cares about the Maestro.  i used to not be into masterplan but since i've been playing it with the band I've changed my mind.

Realdeal is the master of negativity.

bridget

ha ha haaa - y'know what's really funny? I'm constantly sneaking mmj songs onto mixes I give my friends. Some friends have shown interest, but as someone on another thread said - no real converts yet. Do you know which songs most often go on those mixes? If It Smashes Down and Masterplan - two of my very very favorites. On top of which, Butch Cassidy from the the second night at the Fillmore was on heavy rotation on the last road trip I took to Seattle with my sister and her friend - along with Picture of You from that same show.  I'm like three for three over here on songs people hate the most. I had no idea:) So let's take the inverse - which songs do y'all use to hook people? What song, in your experience, has caused people to consistently sit up and take notice?

The DARK

I'm not a fan of Old September Blues.  :-[
In another time, in another place, in another face

ManNamedTruth

Quoteha ha haaa - y'know what's really funny? I'm constantly sneaking mmj songs onto mixes I give my friends. Some friends have shown interest, but as someone on another thread said - no real converts yet. Do you know which songs most often go on those mixes? If It Smashes Down and Masterplan - two of my very very favorites. On top of which, Butch Cassidy from the the second night at the Fillmore was on heavy rotation on the last road trip I took to Seattle with my sister and her friend - along with Picture of You from that same show.  I'm like three for three over here on songs people hate the most. I had no idea:) So let's take the inverse - which songs do y'all use to hook people? What song, in your experience, has caused people to consistently sit up and take notice?
I'm sure Butch.. sounds much better live than on TTF, i'll look for it on Archive.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI'm not a fan of Old September Blues.  :-[
I love the version on early recordings ch. 1.

Easy Morning Rebel

Just Because I Do, the only song of MMJ I almost alway skip.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

jeremywku

I would say some from the early recordings could make someone skip them.  I do not keep them in heavy rotation very often except for They Ran and Old Sept. Blues.

aMD

QuoteSo let's take the inverse - which songs do y'all use to hook people? What song, in your experience, has caused people to consistently sit up and take notice?

CAUTION: these are songs to hook people not ones i don't like:
magheeta
one big holiday
golden
off the record
war begun
the way that he sings

red

Just one: Off the Record.

I didn't think it was possible to not like The Way That He Sings, Golden or OBH.   :-/

Tore

Think we had a similar subject a year ago or something. I said Honest Man then, and I'll say it again. Sounded better live though.

The DARK

QuoteJust one: Off the Record.

I didn't think it was possible to not like The Way That He Sings, Golden or OBH.   :-/

He's talking about he uses to hook people.  ;)

And OTR is sick live.
In another time, in another place, in another face

bridget

Quoteha ha haaa - y'know what's really funny? I'm constantly sneaking mmj songs onto mixes I give my friends. Some friends have shown interest, but as someone on another thread said - no real converts yet. Do you know which songs most often go on those mixes? If It Smashes Down and Masterplan - two of my very very favorites. On top of which, Butch Cassidy from the the second night at the Fillmore was on heavy rotation on the last road trip I took to Seattle with my sister and her friend - along with Picture of You from that same show.  I'm like three for three over here on songs people hate the most. I had no idea:) So let's take the inverse - which songs do y'all use to hook people? What song, in your experience, has caused people to consistently sit up and take notice?
I'm sure Butch.. sounds much better live than on TTF, i'll look for it on Archive.

It really, really does. Get thee to the archive:) It's that fifth "defeat just hangin' around" that gets me every time.

My musician friends appreciate Golden a lot more than my non-musician friends. All my girl friends say two things - 1. I can't understand what he's saying on the sweeter songs. 2. Too rockin'/loud on the rockin songs. I have several friends who enjoy mmj now, but none of them really seek it out / listen to it on their own. I'm lookin for that magic switch. Everyone has an mmj switch. I know it.

aMD

QuoteJust one: Off the Record.

i edited my post as to be more clear.

Chico

I still skip "Knot comes Loose" 1/2 the time.

I also skip the first half of "It still moves" 1/2 the time...  It grew on me fast, and wore on me fast...  It is making its way back into rotation though.

red

Quotei edited my post as to be more clear.
Looks as though I need to pay a bit more attention to what I read.   ;D