*******First annual "One Big Holiday Camp"*******

Started by sweatboard, Jan 17, 2007, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizKing531

As people are making reservations -  has anyone/should we tell the campground that we are coming for the Fest ?

- so maybe they'll be able to accomodate us better or maybe they'll make some room or group us together or something.

Just an idea - if they see multiple folks making reservations for the same thing, they'd probably want to keep our antics from disturbing their other guests too much, or they might be able to break down a group rate, etc.
(I dunno - never been there - hell, it could be a ghost town & we'll be the only ones around)

fitzcarraldo

2 Questions:

How far is the non electric site from the electric site? 12 bucks more gives you electricity for the weekend.  It'd be nice to have electricity so we can plug in a sound system/s, cell phones etc... (electric dance floor sounds FUN)

Is it cool to be drunk & loud * obnoxious as we want till all hours, or is it going to be a problem with the people who are camping there not in our party?

Thanks, Sean  :)    

aMD

apparently the two sites are not far from each other but seperated by a hill so that they are on different levels but not far from each other.

i don't know about the drunk loudness question, but it's a good one. i think we should give them a heads up. if we let them know ahead of time that we're going to be loud we have a better chance of getting away with it.  okay, i'll talk to them about it, but that's means you're making the reservations Lizking!

ms. yvon

here's a thought:  when calling to make a reservation re: group stuff, we should have one group we refer to (a name or something).

we could use an easy group name.  how about "Gideon?"  ;)

telling them we're going to be together IS a good idea.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

LizKing531

Being in a dry county in Kentucky -

Who's bringing the white lightning?  Or do they have a working moonshine still on the premises?

LizKing531

aMD - they (the crystal onyx caverns) are cool with the drunken loudness right?  

How about disco floors?  Are they cool with disco floors?  What about a mirror ball?

aMD

okay. i just got off the phone with the cave people.  she said that making noise late at night shouldn't be a problem.  she said if there are other people there that are not from our party we have to respect them and stuff. she said so far it's just us.  she also said that if we call about a week before and we still have all the spots that we'll definitely have the run of the place.  i told her if we get close to sell it out we might just buy the rest of the spots to ensure that it's just us.  so good news, we can be loud!  let's start reserving spots people.

megisnotreal

brian, i get off work early today and i am going to take those pictures of the campsite you wanted. maybe i'll run in to some stylish people like these:

http://www.borkowski.co.uk/archives/liquidsoap/redneck4-300.jpg

*fingers crossed.

fitzcarraldo

Quoteokay. i just got off the phone with the cave people.  she said that making noise late at night shouldn't be a problem.  she said if there are other people there that are not from our party we have to respect them and stuff. she said so far it's just us.  she also said that if we call about a week before and we still have all the spots that we'll definitely have the run of the place.  i told her if we get close to sell it out we might just buy the rest of the spots to ensure that it's just us.  so good news, we can be loud!  let's start reserving spots people.

Niice! Thanks Dylan.

megisnotreal

well, i went to take pictures today and talked with one of the guys who works there. i also walked around the campsites and all. the sites with electricity are along a path that loops around. some of these sites are pretty far away from one another. down a hill are the primitive sites, which are together in one large group. the guy i talked to said that if we fill up the primitive site, they could move us to a special "overflow" site which is far away from the others and sort of private. i told him that might be cool, as we wanted to be loud.

i'll post the photos tomorrow.

ms. yvon

Quotebrian, i get off work early today and i am going to take those pictures of the campsite you wanted. maybe i'll run in to some stylish people like these:

http://www.borkowski.co.uk/archives/liquidsoap/redneck4-300.jpg

*fingers crossed.

i agreed to wear that swimsuit with the agreement that there be NO photos.  one can only go so far when indulging another's fetish.  really.  ::)

thanks again for addt'l info!  i'm going to call tomorrow re:  facilities, and to find out if we should buy fire wood on the way in.

**note to self:  remember to pack that Box of Letters© to burn on the fire.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

megisnotreal

thanks again for addt'l info!  i'm going to call tomorrow re:  facilities, and to find out if we should buy fire wood on the way in

they sell firewood there. i saw a bigass sign yesterday.
i will pm you my number, ms yvon. you should hit me up when you get into town. this place is like 15 min away from my new house, so i'll come out to the campground when you get there.

aMD

i just cut a 25 foot maple tree down in my yard.  i'll be bring what i can of it down for firewood.  i'm reserving my spot today in the electrical site.

ms. yvon

they sell firewood there. i saw a bigass sign yesterday.
... this place is like 15 min away from my new house, so i'll come out to the campground when you get there.
awesome!  roger that!

also:  is anyone bringing a camp stove?  i want to boil water (coffee & oatmeal don'tchewknow), but can't pack stove fuel.  will spring for a fuel canister if i can sponge some burner space.

thanks!

ps.  i bought One Big-Ass Duffel to transport camping gear on the plane.   woo!

Ghosts_on_TV

So are we all going to be in the same area? If some are getting electric and some primitive, we'll be split up.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

fitzcarraldo

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteElectric Avenue!

I was kind of hoping that!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

fitzcarraldo

QuoteElectric Avenue!

I was kind of hoping that!

Yay! :) Aint it grand to know thatwe got our shit together.  :D

Think Fiji water. (random thought)

Y Whistling bottle rockets and roman candles.