*******First annual "One Big Holiday Camp"*******

Started by sweatboard, Jan 17, 2007, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

Now THAT would be amazing!!!  I'm pretty sure Johnny's grandparents still own it. They just moved the studio out when Johnny left the band.  I don't know Johnny well enough to ask him.  Maybe that would be something to shoot for for the second annual festival.

ms. yvon

meg, do you have the phone number handy?

i'm looking at a primitive sight...unless they have internet capabilities...  ;)
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

red

There best be millions of pictures taken!

TEO

I got the dates, June 22-24. I am still a dumbass about the actual campgrounds though.  Meg-which one is it exactly please?  Thanx.......  (if already posted must have missed it before some thread nazi jumps me)  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

megisnotreal

here's a link to a page with some informartion on crystal onyx cave and campground. the phone number is on there, but the webpage is wrong. i don't  know what the deal is with that. but... yeah.

http://www.mammothcave.com/cavetour.htm

aMD

alright, we need to get down to brass tacks here, peeps.  This thing IS happening!  It's just a matter of how big it's going to get.  Tomorrow's the last day of school and so I'm going to really focus on organizing this thing.  Who can I get to help?  Here's what I need:

People who want to play music?
Anyone with lighting?
Anyone with DJ equipment?
Anyone willing to DJ?
Anyone have fun games or activites to suggest, especially those you can provide the materials for?

I'm going to start a few new threads soon to organize our thoughts and efforts on this especiallly with games and activities.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

colleen

Haven't heard much chatter here about our big fiesta lately. I spoke with Sean and Ghosts last night and we three are still coming down, so get ready.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

aMD

okay guys.  it's seems like it's going to be pretty low key but Brian and I said in the beginning that we were doing it even if it is just the two of us.  At this point i'm thinking it's going to between 20-30, which is what the first lebowski fest had the first year.

Hopefully we can get some people to play music but I don't think i'll mess with the whole band setup if it's just going to be a small get together.  at this point i'm just wanting to get together with some fans, shoot the shit, play some music, soak in the air, play some lawn games, and maintain a nice buzz.  

i know this could have been a lot bigger but I got so busy with school in May and just had no time to organize it.  Hopefully we can build some momentum for next year, really promote this thing, and make it a full blow out.  If you want to get in on the ground floor come this year and bring some shit to party down with!

I'll be bringing a band, their girls and some friends, the band's equipment, badmitton, volleyball, horseshoes, bocce ball, and hopefully a shitton of peeps. i'm still hoping to get some t-shirts made.  Brad, are you still willing to help out with the t-shirts?

Things to bring: cornhole board (anyone?); musicial instruments, i'll think of more later.

sweatboard

Where is this thing taking place?  Is it a secret from me?

LizKing531

Hola AMD!!!!

The t-shirts can be done a couple ways -

1 - Office Depot & places like that have iron-on sheets for home inkjet printers

2 - A couple friends of mine are screen printers & might be able to help

How many shirts are we talking?

LizKing531

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's the address

Crystal Onyx Cave
8709 Happy Valley Road
Cave City, KY 42127

LizKing531

I dig the burning things idea -

maybe do it up all in one bonfire - kind of burning man-esc

Anyone have some old shitty guitars?

We could do a good ol' fashion guitar throwing contest

megisnotreal

for all y'all lovely people

[size=18]Crystal Onyx Cave
From I-65 take exit 53. 2 1/2 miles E. of Cave City on Hwy 90.
(270) 773-2359[/size]

megisnotreal

this is important.

cave city is in barren county, ky. barren county is a dry county. you need to buy your booze before you get into the 42127.

the nearest liquor store is in my town-- bowling green. bg is south of cave city. if it's not possible to get your drink before you get into town, then i can give you a ride to the store.

sweatboard

BH

Quotethis is important.

cave city is in barren county, ky. barren county is a dry county. you need to buy your booze before you get into the 42127.

the nearest liquor store is in my town-- bowling green. bg is south of cave city. if it's not possible to get your drink before you get into town, then i can give you a ride to the store.

I thought you were bringing a case of maker's.   ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

QuoteDo we have a camp site rented out?  

i believe the primitive site is ours.  i'm going to try to call them tomorrow and get all the information I can.

as far as t-shirts, i'm thinking around 20-30 since that's seems to be the ball park figure for how many people show up.  I hope it's more than that but we'll see...

mjkoehler

I really want to go, but sadly I'm not allowed. For all going, please enjoy and throw down, toss a few back, light em up, and burn some shit for me. I'm wit ya in spirit.

megisnotreal

you just call and reserve your own campsite. i would have done them all; however, i could not afford to rent the whole thing.