*******First annual "One Big Holiday Camp"*******

Started by sweatboard, Jan 17, 2007, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

okay i called them and apparently the primitive site doesn't have electricity. so which campsite did you rent out Meg?  or anyone else who has reserved one?  I guess we could kind of be spread out and get together at someone's site.  Me and my peeps were talking about getting two sites next to each other. but should i get electricity?  I still can't decide what level to bring the music, i'd like to rock the fuck out but I don't know if we'll be able to given the circumstances.  if we do we'll probably have to do it during the day.  or we could venture out into the woods with our party supplies and acoustic instruments and find a natural ampitheater to party down at.  

oh, and i forgot to ask about cost. oops.

LizKing531

We should find out what their web address really is, or if they could email a campground map to us.   Depending on how many people are coming, we could possibly fill the place

i.e. with 4 people instead of cramming into 1 site - instead rent 2 and have a little more room =  better chance of filling the grounds with our peeps & less chance of being harshed on by the man

megisnotreal

prices:

$14 a night for a primitive site
$18 for a site with electricity

you can have up to four people per campsite. for each person over 4, there is a one dollar charge. also, one car per site.

i don't think their webpage has a camp map. i can try to swing by there saturday and see if they have a map i could have. then i can scan said map fo y'all.

aMD

so are we going to rent from either site or are we sticking to the primitive site.  me and my peeps might actually rent out 3 sites, but i need to know if i should go for primitive or the other. they are close but on different levels.  with electricity we could hook up band equipment if that's a possiblility, but if we're sticking to acoustic sets then maybe we should just try to fill the primitive site.

LizKing531

meg - that would be super cool  - then we would all have the lowdown

Will they let us reserve by specific campsite #'s?

*Note -  If there are still talks of bringin DJ equipment or cd player, etc. - we would need some sort of electric hook-up - shitload of batteries, generator, electric campsite

sweatboard

Meg, if you swing by there this weekend can you take some pictures for us.  Thanks.
There's Still Time.........

fitzcarraldo

megisnotreal

i know i have posted this before, but there are 23 different electric sites and 14 different primitive sites.

i will try to go by saturday. i have a really busy weekend (highland games tomorrow, louisville sunday), but if i don't go saturday, i will most def. go monday. besides a map, any other specific pics you guys want?

sweatboard

a picture of an actual camp site, some pictures of people in tank tops and bluejean shorts, mullets, etc. etc.

megisnotreal

Quotea picture of an actual camp site, some pictures of people in tank tops and bluejean shorts, mullets, etc. etc.

do i get double points for one of a mulleted dude in jorts with an american flag muscle shirt on?

sweatboard

Quotea picture of an actual camp site, some pictures of people in tank tops and bluejean shorts, mullets, etc. etc.

do i get double points for one of a mulleted dude in jorts with an american flag muscle shirt on?

ok, but only if he's got a budweiser in one hand and a grill tool in the other, if he's yelling at his wife or one of his five kids I'll give you triple points.

aMD

QuoteElectricity is nice.

yeah, i'm thinking so too.  are you going to perform for us sean?

LizKing531

We could totally get of those cool disco floors

megisnotreal

ok, but only if he's got a budweiser in one hand and a grill tool in the other, if he's yelling at his wife or one of his five kids I'll give you triple points.

i will find him and pay him six dollars to come back and yell "freeeeeebiiiiird" at y'all when you are trying to play jacket covers. he'll keep the beer in one hand and grilling accessories in the other. maybe his beer will have a dale jr koozie to keep it cold.

seriously. this should be super fun, guys.

jordan

Quotefor all y'all lovely people

[size=18]Crystal Onyx Cave
From I-65 take exit 53. 2 1/2 miles E. of Cave City on Hwy 90.
(270) 773-2359[/size]

Being only 30 or so miles away, I should make this historic get-together.  I'm not definite, but I will do my best to make it down the I-65 to Cave City on the 22nd.  

ms. yvon

WOO!
i am going to book my site from my bed this morning.

ahh, sunday!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

spot:  RESERVED!

i'm coming in alone.  if there is anyone still looking for a lift, drop me a line.

also:  just went camping this week, so i've got the mojo workin'!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

fitzcarraldo

Heya Dylan. I'll sing some songs, I'm thinkin Jam Session!  :D Anybody bringin a PA?
Even a lil one? Gonna reserve a site this week. Looking forward to a Road trip and hangin with some of the great people here. A couple of my friends are coming down too.  

aMD

Heya Dylan. I'll sing some songs, I'm thinkin Jam Session!  :D Anybody bringin a PA?
Even a lil one? Gonna reserve a site this week. Looking forward to a Road trip and hangin with some of the great people here. A couple of my friends are coming down too.  

sounds good, man.  i've got a little PA i was planning on bringing and i'm thinking we'll probably bring a small mixer too.  jam session sounds good.  i'm going to try and get a final head count from my people and reserve our spots tomorrow.

ms. yvon

what i learned when i phoned:

unless the camp area looks like it will be packed, they don't assign specific sites when you make a reservation.  so, we can just make our spots as adjacent as possible.

i'm arriving there friday sometime, leaving monday.  i'll come up with some identifyer for the old rental car...something good... ;)

for the record:  booked a non-electrical site.

also:  there is only one car spot/4 people per site.  if a car has some spill over, campers can share my spot.  let me know ahead, and i'll tell the desk to add the campers to my reservation.

MEG:  THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP ON THE DRY COUNTY!  that is fucking important and would have blown considerably to have been suprised by that.
damn.