*******First annual "One Big Holiday Camp"*******

Started by sweatboard, Jan 17, 2007, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

Speeeeeeedy recovery wished, Meg. ;)

Whatever y'all do in that cave, be sure to send pictures!
In another time, in another place, in another face

red

I'm assuming there's going to be a place like the grotto at the Playboy Mansion somewhere in those caves!  8-) :o

vespachick

I'm thinking that if anyone (AngryEwok?) wants to craft an image for a t-shirt for this to-do, now is the time to get that warmed up.

I wish I could do it.  But my skillz, while mad, suck.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

fortbethel

OBH Camp.. Is there a website? A flyer? Is this.. organized? I'm not trying to b a crank but really! It's 2 months before, people need to make travel plans & all we know is this might happen in a cave somewhere in late June! I'm NOT dropping a grand in travel $ only to find this camp not knowing their heads from their asses. Seriously folks this is such TOM-FOOLERY!

megisnotreal

i will go to the cave sometime this week. sorry if it seems like i am slacking here, but...

last week= me in hospital
this past week= everyone at work gone but me; working 12+ hour days every single day

at any rate, since we have all decided upon a date, i would say you could start calling and making your reservations now.

fortbethel

I'm truly beginning to wonder if it's 4 real.

BH

QuoteI'm truly beginning to wonder if it's 4 real.

Actually, we have all just started a seperate website to plan it behind your back because it's going to be a big surprise party just for you!  Oh shit, I just ruined it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

QuoteI'm truly beginning to wonder if it's 4 real.

not trying to hate, but... damn. i can't help it i have been busy.

ms. yvon

meg, long ass work days?  what a way to follow up being in the hospital.  christ.  
one can only do what can be done in one day.

hey fort:  just buy a plane tix that is either refundable or can be used for credit if cancelled.  takes some of the pressure off the event, but will ease your mind about having made arrangements.

remember:  the word HOLIDAY is involved.   [smiley=beer.gif]

also of note:  i have a box of letters i'm going to bring to burn.  just old correspondence i've been toting around since 1974.  i do not want to store these letters from grade school anymore.  CAST THEM TO THE EARTH FROM WHENCE THE SMILEY FACE STATIONERY WAS BORN!!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Angry Ewok

Did someone say T-Shirt Design? I'd love to do some art.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

QuoteI'm NOT dropping a grand in travel $ only to find this camp not knowing their heads from their asses. Seriously folks this is such TOM-FOOLERY!

... :-?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

red

Someone's trying to kill the good-vibes.    :-/

colleen

also of note:  i have a box of letters i'm going to bring to burn.  just old correspondence i've been toting around since 1974.  i do not want to store these letters from grade school anymore.  CAST THEM TO THE EARTH FROM WHENCE THE SMILEY FACE STATIONERY WAS BORN!!

Yvon, I have a similar box that has been with me nearly as long as yours, and I think you have inspired me to burn mine too. Half of the notes in there are from people I barely remember, so it feels ridiculous to keep them. Part of keeping them is about a "need" of mine to collect things about people's lives (not just mine).  A few years ago on my birthday, some friends and I made a paper boat and filled it with personal effects on paper (journals, etc), set it ablaze and sailed it down the Hudson River. It felt so cathartic. Thanks for sharing your burning plan. Maybe others would also like to play with fire?

On a somewhat related note, do you know of found magazine? I love stuff like this.

http://www.foundmagazine.com
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

ms. yvon

wow, the paper boat idea sounds beautiful!  that is the thought with burning this old bunch.  the box is labeled:  letters:  1974-1980.  whew.

re: box of letters (wilco  moment):  last summer i thought i would read through them, then destroy them one by one.  turns out the correspondence from jr. high was nothing but tedious.  a lot of material about the skating rink and phone curfews.   ::)

[size=16]FIRE!![/size]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

The DARK

I bump this thread, and thank Brian for getting this ball rolling!  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Taterbug

Is there a preliminary head count on attendees ?
Also, what is the final official date ?  I looked thru previous posts and I'm cornfused.
Thanks in advance.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

aMD

[size=24]The date is June 22-24[/size].

Can we get a confirmation from the campground about whether we can make a lot of noise and whether or not we can start reserving spots?  Then we can really get the ball rolling on this, start organizing events, and get the word out on the street.  This is going to be a blast!

megisnotreal

i'd say you can go ahead and make reservations. i'll try to stop by to see the owner tomorrow. if i don't have time to go there, i'll call.

but... someone needs to remind me to do this. i have been mad busy.

megisnotreal

talked with cave people today. more details to follow.

here's what i hammered out today.

there are 14 primitive sites and 23 electric sites. four people and one car per site.
we can booze it up, even though barren county is a dry county.
we can't be all up in other people's shit and be obscene/fighting, etc.
if we are able to reserve all the sites, then we can be as loud as we want.

sweatboard

What ever happened to the farm where they recorded the first three records.  Didn't Johnny's family own it at one point.  Surely the people that own it now would let us camp there for just one night.  We could have singalongs in THE SILO.  
There's Still Time.........