'At Dawn' flawed masterpiece..

Started by fortbethel, Jul 22, 2007, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PromKing#1

I am really not too sure what any of you are talking about.... FLAWS?  I do not see any.  FLAWS? Really?  Why does anyone look at an album and say this song should not be here and they should have used this one instead..... what are you talking about.

Please... I do not understand.  How could any Jacket fan say that Stangulation or Phone Went West sucks?  I have always felt that those are two of the bands better songs.  Stangulation sucks?  REALLY?  I do not get it.  It is my opinion that this album is the best thing MMJ has put out there so far.

For you people that are saying these songs suck... have you seen them live?  

MickeyReds

At Dawn. My FAVORITE album! Sorry dude!
As long as you keep a straight face...

TEO

Yeah, it is so flawed that it nearly brought a 49 year old man to tears in the shower this morning when he listened to "Hopefully" and heard the lyric about what I can't stand is the thought of going a single day without your head in my hands. What a love song!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

JacketGal

Well, consider this...if Cindy Crawford's mole [see below] is considered a "flaw" and it makes her all the more goregous to her fans..then maybe a record [At Dawn] with what some people consider "flaws" makes it all the more gorgeous to others [us]?  Am I even making sense? It seemed logical a minute ago!  :D

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

MickeyReds

AT DAWN! AT DAWN! AT DAWN! 8-)
As long as you keep a straight face...

saki

I would have to take off "honest man," if any songs.  It's kind of long and even though it isn't a bad track, I think it could have been better.  And because it happens to be on an album with so many beautiful, amazing songs, it seems to be weak in comparison.  The other track that is kind of week is "phone went west."  I would replace those two songs with one song, "chills."  The album is already so dark with tracks like, "strangulation" that it needs a lighter track like "chills" to balance it out.  With that being said, maybe those two tracks will grow on me enough until one day I realize that they are essential to the album.  But, I see that as a long shot right now.    

ManNamedTruth

I'm pretty much sick of this thread.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

LEATHER KID

Blasphemy :(, Honest Man is simply badass
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

Big Nasty

Flawed or not, someone just paid $121.50 to purchase the At Dawn LP on ebay.  I had watched the auction for days, but with recent unexpected car bills I couldn't justify it.  Some day, I will complete my vinyl MMJ collection but its not to be just yet.

aMD

QuoteFlawed or not, someone just paid $121.50 to purchase the At Dawn LP on ebay.  I had watched the auction for days, but with recent unexpected car bills I couldn't justify it.  Some day, I will complete my vinyl MMJ collection but its not to be just yet.

ditto

thatswhatshesaid

i think At Dawn is perfect and is a great precursor to It Still Moves. I wish they would have put both of those albums out as one big double disc.