Consequence of Sound Review

Started by The_DARK, May 25, 2008, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

Love Dogg

I think that is a very thought out and accurate review.  Nice find!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

bluntmaster

definitely a good read thanks for postin that up.  I agree with alot of what they're saying.  it seems like mmj is just teeing it up with this one.  I seriously can't imagine what the next cd will sound like and I love that.  word.

Mr. T.

I actually consider every positive review to be very thought out and accurate.

This build-up to "lift-off" is getting harder and harder...
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

sweatboard

(Excuse a brief aside: When you're jamming to a song on the train and you're getting weird looks from someone who is dressed like a dominatrix, it gives you pause to reevaluate things.)

Ha, I like it that that was included in his review.

also,

The last two paragraphs I think are really good....

The album closes with an 8 minute electronica inspired opus called "Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 2[ch8243]. The song ends with an abrupt scream from all members of the band which could be construed as a cathartic release of the stress and conflict most groups of artists endure when collaborating on a single piece of art.

Listening to an album for the first time with too analytical an approach can be a different and sometimes unnatural journey, one that could have you question your heading and check your course an exorbitant number of times, missing the scenery while your head is stuck in the map. This album is somewhat stylistically fractured track by track and could be described as struggling with its own identity; however, it is best navigated as a whole work, whose risky and artful contrasts serve to give the audience a sense of what the band is capable of, and potentially what they have in store for the listener in the future, a sonic warning shot across our collective bow.

There's Still Time.........

The DARK

I agree with this review mostly.

With the songs that I have heard so far, the band seems to be testing what it can do on this record rather than recording a magnum opus. Lots of vintage moments, lots of new material.

What Evil Urges seems to be to me is what was needed for the Jacket's future.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Killgies

Seems like the good reviews keep coming in! Hmmm no where in the article did the writer mention they were from Louisville...Very strange hahaha. "From Louisville", seems to be in almost every story that I read about them.
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"