Jam in Evil Urges like jam in Guyute?

Started by tannisroot, Jun 02, 2008, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannisroot

Some of ya'll have probably the Phish song Guyute from Story of the Ghost, or from a live show.  I haven't listened to the two songs back to back to totally verify this, but the jam in the song Evil Urges reminds me of a similar section that occurs somewhere in Guyute.  Has anyone else had noticed this? I'm sure this is just a coincidence, but it's a cool one and that jam sounds like it could really get intense live.

alexzbik

Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

bluntmaster

capt. scotty

good ears...I know the part of guyute (one of my phab phour phavorites i finally got to hear live at coventry) youre talkin about, and they do sound similar, but they arent identical or anything. EU kind of has a twang at the end on the progression and a slightly different more choppy flow. That part from Guyute is pretty straightforward and sounds more 'riverdancy' to me that the part from EU

I dont play an instrument so I dont know the exact verbiage, but I think whenever I hear EU live now, Guyute will pop into my mind and ill have to dance a jig

PS - How bout Trey saying he'd last week that hed give his left nut to play YEM live again and said he's pissed at himself for saying he never wanted to play it again?! Reunion 2010!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Bigsky

Same intensity, but different notes...